Panigale V4 Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to share a video I've come along that tests the merits of the v4 as an everyday street bike. Its great to finally see a non track review of the V4, as some riders may never use it for that. Its a long video, but very detailed and informative.

·
Registered
24 Posts
It was fun to ride along twice :) since two of them test road it on general roads etc. I hope we get to see a similar review on the Base V4 soon to see how well the standard manual suspension handles road duty.

·
Registered
11 Posts
It was fun to ride along twice since two of them test road it on general roads etc. I hope we get to see a similar review on the Base V4 soon to see how well the standard manual suspension handles road duty

I agree Cavlino, I am trying to figure out if the Ohlins is worth putting out the extra 6K, especially if the V4 suspension is more than adequate. I'm not doing any track days and I will customize with carbon extras and the Akra pipe myself.

·
Registered
24 Posts
^^^RichRace it appears there are a few of us thinking along the same lines V4 vs V4S. For me its not so much the Ohlins but the semi-active suspension, if the V4 had the semi-active suspension it would be a slam dunk for me and it would probably only be at most 2k more, but at 6k more I am sure its worth it if you add up all the bits but the price tag out of the box is steep!

·
Registered
112 Posts
^^^RichRace it appears there are a few of us thinking along the same lines V4 vs V4S. For me its not so much the Ohlins but the semi-active suspension, if the V4 had the semi-active suspension it would be a slam dunk for me and it would probably only be at most 2k more, but at 6k more I am sure its worth it if you add up all the bits but the price tag out of the box is steep!
For you and I, the V4S is actually C$7000 more than the V4.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hilarious Brit. I'm very excited to get mine! I feel a bit silly waiting around for the Speciale, as I learned today the original V4S I ordered has arrived at the dealer. Well, I suppose I can wait a few months longer.....

·
Registered
112 Posts
That is significant dollars! Make me think again about the other alternative I have been mulling over which is the 959 Corse ...since (video) confirms up/down quick shift...
There's a C$2500 premium in MSRP over the 959 which buys you predominantly an Ohlins suspension, damper, lighter battery and a slick paint job.
Adding forged or carbon wheels would certainly make it a track weapon.
Not sure about the auto-blimp downshift although I've read it in a few reviews including your posted video. Notwithstanding, the official Ducati websites yet do not.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Although not a formal review and more of a promo clip, here's Casey Stoner testing the Panigale V4

1 - 11 of 11 Posts