Panigale V4 Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

How easy is it to remove the horrible plastic engine covers that are fitted, i like the raw look of seeing the engine like my old 1199s

i have had the fairings off and disconnected what i think is required to remove the fuel tank but the fuel tank won't come off, does it need to come off or can the rear subframe be removed with it still in place
Thanks

·
Registered
120 Posts
You gotta lift the tank. It's not a big deal but be careful not to break the plastic fuel line T fitting.

Reactions: CINDERS

·
Registered
32 Posts
Has anyone removed these and ridden the street, do you notice extra heat? do your knees/legs hit the engine cases? I have the subframe off changing the heat shield to carbon fiber, yes you pretty much have to take the rear subframe off to get the front two bolts out of the stock heatshield..

·
Registered
120 Posts
Has anyone removed these and ridden the street, do you notice extra heat? do your knees/legs hit the engine cases? I have the subframe off changing the heat shield to carbon fiber, yes you pretty much have to take the rear subframe off to get the front two bolts out of the stock heatshield..
I have ridden the bike on the street (38C max) and track with the covers removed.

Frankly, I don't notice any difference - except the the bike looks much better.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I have ridden the bike on the street (38C max) and track with the covers removed.

Frankly, I don't notice any difference - except the the bike looks much better.
Awesome, I went ahead and removed these covers the other day, looks soooo much better sans stoopid plastic covers, it is a MOTORcycle and it seems the manufacturers have forgotten that the MOTOR is a thing of Art..

·
Registered
8 Posts
You gotta lift the tank. It's not a big deal but be careful not to break the plastic fuel line T fitting.
Did you have to remove the subframe also? Or could you get to them without removing it? I Only ask cause I read another post where they said to remove the subframe. Thanks for any tips going to be doing this next week also.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts