Panigale V4 Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone changed the oil in this beast yet ? I’m looking at doing mine at 5k and I see k&n makes a filter which looks much better than factory paper Ducati filter for half the price. Also , if anyone has done this service did you use the shell advance 4t 15-50? Any feedback would be appreciated .

·
Registered
44 Posts
Has anyone changed the oil in this beast yet ? I’m looking at doing mine at 5k and I see k&n makes a filter which looks much better than factory paper Ducati filter for half the price. Also , if anyone has done this service did you use the shell advance 4t 15-50? Any feedback would be appreciated .
i went with the oem ducati filter,i dont trust k&n even on cars etc. the oil i used is motul 300v 15-50. i can tell the difference with the motul because it shifts with alot less effort on the shifter, at least thats what my foots says lol

·
Registered
120 Posts
i went with the oem ducati filter,i dont trust k&n even on cars etc. the oil i used is motul 300v 15-50. i can tell the difference with the motul because it shifts with alot less effort on the shifter, at least thats what my foots says lol
Yup, that's exactly what I use too.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok thanks . I’m using the motul as well. Why no trust in the k&n oil filter ? They seem like such a better quality material then the paper oem Ducati filter . I welcome the feedback .

·
Registered
44 Posts
k&n oil filters do not get good reviews from what i have read,not the greatest quality but who knows. i dont trust them anyway

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
k&n oil filters do not get good reviews from what i have read,not the greatest quality but who knows. i dont trust them anyway
So have you checked out the paper stock Ducati filter or have you ever had any personal experience with any k &n product ? Or are you just reading “ reviews” online . I’m not trying to be smart I’m just asking for transparency because their air filter game is on point so ?! Please let me know I’m interested . Thanks !

·
Registered
44 Posts
So have you checked out the paper stock Ducati filter or have you ever had any personal experience with any k &n product ? Or are you just reading “ reviews” online . I’m not trying to be smart I’m just asking for transparency because their air filter game is on point so ?! Please let me know I’m interested . Thanks !
i use the stock ducati oil filter in my bike. i have used k&n air filters in a few cars and trucks and in one bike. i think champion makes their oil filters.

·
Premium Member
197 Posts
I use stock filter... I guess it depends on what you want and your service intervals... The manual has 7500 oil changes with OEM stuff; so I stick w/ the stock filter because it probably filters better than most "racing" filters. I put high miles on mine so prefer lasting stuff over performance. Also I use Shell Advanced yes.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts