Panigale V4 Club banner

Need help !!!!!!

3K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Eric Varga 
#1 ·
Hey, I own a 2018 V4S with slip on SC Project dual CTR pipes and had a problem for over a year now. When i ride the bike during the first part of my ride it acts fine but on my way back home the bike starts bucking back and forth like its choking to death. This does not happen all the time but when it does its really bad. It has a sprint high flow air filter. The dealer says its the pipes and SC project says its the bike. I tried Bren tuning but they did not help the problem. If this has happened to any one else please advise. Thanks

#3 ·
These problems did not start right away they started over time the first thing that happened was a check engine light came on and the tech said it was the flapper valve and this happened twice he cleared the light and said don't worry about it. Many people have tried to solve this problem with no success is it air/fuel mixture, does the bike need to be remapped ????? brentuning tried but failed to solve the problem. Is it the air sensor or computer glitch or problem with the pipe or the bike ????? I know i can't be the the only one to have this problem please help it is currently at a dealer as we speak but they are talking to Ducati for answers but we all know how that goes. Like I said before the bike starts to sputter a few times then its ok then sputters again but only on the way back home about 2 hours with a break in between to cool down and it's very dangerous to ride because it's violent when it happens so i'm very confused and mad because it's been about a year this is happening and I can't deal with it anymore. PLEASE HELP IF THIS HAS HAPPENED TO YOU !!!! I will tell them about the charcoal in the cans thanks

#4 ·
Sounds like the charcoal canister I took mine out and used a y splinter to run the hoses back together the hose with the little motor pump gets capped off I picked up caps from an auto part store also don’t forget to close the purge valve or you’ll get sprayed with fuel happened to me on the highway at 170mph

#5 ·
Hey guys thanks for the advise on the charcoal canisters but can somebody explain to me why this would cause the problems i have been having with the bike ? Did you have the same symptoms that i'm having ? Why would charcoal part of the pipes cause the hesitation and sputtering that happens at different times and different temps and not at all when the pipes were first put on this is what i don't understand. It's really hard to get in touch with SC project now to find out if they are aware of this problem and the pipes where made for the V4S and I think they would have known about this problem already. Any advice would really help explain to the dealer where to start looking. Thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.