Panigale V4 Club banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
when you order the bike with the magnesium wheels, its like ordering an accessory in that the bike arrives with the stock wheels....correct ?

·
Registered
164 Posts
Those wheels look great! And I'm also curious whether or not this additional option includes the stock set as well. I have a feeling it may be one or the other and from what I've seen online this package is going to cost around $4,000 (U.S)

·
Registered
164 Posts
I think i might look into other aftermarket options for the $4k price tag. As nice as they are, if im going to spend that kind of money, id rather get something more unique. A lot of interested buyers seem to be going all in on this bike, so i wouldn't be surprised if we see a lot of them equipped with these wheels.

·
Registered
3 Posts
...i'm fairly certain the bike arrives with the stock wheels, and the Marchesini magnesium's are an additional purchase, "offered as an option" is not quite the same as the tick box option when buying a car....you go home with 4 wheels - (although i was asking here to see if anyone knew for sure)

·
Registered
140 Posts
You'll have to ask your local dealer about the magnesium wheels, though I'd assume it's a secondary set you get on top of the stock because it makes no sense for you to pay $4k for just one set.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Yeah its definitely the magnesium wheels on top of the stock set. Still think that's a lot of money to spend on wheels, and I'm curious if any stock wheels from the 899-1299 will fit the V4 with spacers. From what I remember those spacing kits can be expensive as well.

·
Registered
112 Posts
You'll have to ask your local dealer about the magnesium wheels, though I'd assume it's a secondary set you get on top of the stock because it makes no sense for you to pay $4k for just one set.
That's quite the step-up considering it's over and above getting stock forged as STD.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Yeah its definitely the magnesium wheels on top of the stock set. Still think that's a lot of money to spend on wheels, and I'm curious if any stock wheels from the 899-1299 will fit the V4 with spacers. From what I remember those spacing kits can be expensive as well.
As far as I know it should be plug and play, if you gave me 1299 wheels I should be able to equip them no problem.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I would imagine other OEM wheels would fit, looks like these are the same mags fitted to the 1199 Superleggera. So, if someone wanted to "break-the-bank", you could even put-on a set of the carbon wheels from the 1299 SL !!

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
I’m considering the BST carbon fibre wheels with ceramic bearings for the extra set. Have them on my track bike (S1000RR) and they made a noticeable difference over the optional forged wheels that came on the bike...look and she goes!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts