Panigale V4 Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, registered to learn more about the new V4's. My fav engine config since my first VFR.

Biggest question tho..How is it for tall guys? I'm 6'4" with long legs. I generally fit in and love the superbike tuck as long as I can get my knees under the tank, so anyone in my boat? I club raced a 749s a few years back in the PNW. the 749/999's fit me well, but they were known for being long and low. I'm a long ways from a dealer where I can sit on one anytime soon...

·
Registered
234 Posts
Most guys I know in the 6 foot range report they didn't feel as awkward on the V4 as they did on the 1199. Hopefully that helps.

·
Premium Member
197 Posts
I'm not that tall myself; and while the bike feels small and compact compared to other liter bikes I can say the riding position is a lot more comfortable and would fit well for taller people. I'm 5'10" and had to adjust the foot pegs higher to fit better; my friend I let ride is over 6'4" and fit was good for him. I would definitely suggest taking it for a test ride; a lot of Ducati demo days out there right now. Also while the riding position itself is good; the seat is uncomfortable as heck after an hour :p Also for me the handlebars are a little too far in angle wise; but personal taste I guess.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies. There is a Ducati Dealer in AbQ. Prolly need to get down there and sit-test one. The new 916 tribute is looking pretty tasty...

·
Registered
234 Posts
If there are industry motorcycle shows happening near you i'd suggest getting out to those as well. The range of bikes you can sit-test brings some great perspective.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts