Panigale V4 Club banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
i just picked up my bike Saturday and i quickly noticed that it gets very warm when riding and definitely hot when in stop and go traffic. prior to pick up i ran vin for recalls and everything came back clean. no recalls issued for my particular vin. the bike has a built date of 04/18.not sure if any recalls after that build date.

either way i wanted to ask about this new carbon fiber heat shield by RSR that has come out for it. has anyone tried this? if so, how doe sit work compared to stock? does/or would it make a great difference in blocking some heat? can someone give some feedback on this? also interested in a pic or two? does the heat shield wrap around the exhaust piping near/under the seat or is it just a cover kind of like the stock heat shield?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Heat

Has anybody taken off the black insulation inside the bodywork? My local dealer told me this is eur4 noise control so the bike should run cooler with more airflow thru bodywork. On a hot day say 90f it cooks you alive even when rolling under 50:devil: mph

·
Registered
43 Posts
I feel like all these new emission regulations are really tying the hands of performance bike manufacturers. Has anyone done this mod to confirm that the bike runs cooler without?

·
Registered
147 Posts
Seems like the exup valve removal bypass may result in cooler temps maybe ? More open exhaust may equal less heat ?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Seems like the exup valve removal bypass may result in cooler temps maybe ? More open exhaust may equal less heat ?
From what I have heard, the valve is basically open most of the time anyway. The heat is off of the engine, not the exhaust. Its cooling itself and blasting that hot air onto the rider and everything else. Guys with the Akra's even say the heat is no different. All that heat energy from all this power needs to go somewhere.

·
Registered
70 Posts
From what I have heard, the valve is basically open most of the time anyway. The heat is off of the engine, not the exhaust. Its cooling itself and blasting that hot air onto the rider and everything else. Guys with the Akra's even say the heat is no different. All that heat energy from all this power needs to go somewhere.
Yes, the heat comes from the cylinders, not the exhaust, feel it on the back of the left thigh.

·
Registered
234 Posts
That heat is why I stopped commuting to work and back every day, sitting in traffic is no fun. Rather save riding time for clearer local roads and highways where I have all the freedom. Don't know how some guys do it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Still a nut roaster. Man that has got to really suck! I was hoping this problem would be fixed by now. Its the same reason I didn't buy a new Pani in 2017. Now I want one some bad I am willing to overlook the issue of getting my entire lower body smoked. LOL

·
Registered
1 Posts
I changed my sub frame to full carbon ones and stuck a whole bunch of heat reflectors. Helped quite a lot to disperse the heat.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Ive riden mine in traffic at 96 deg and found it very tolerable. I do not want to block any heat cause I want the heat to disipate not be kept in. I found a good pair or riding pants is protection enough. I also wear ridingboots too.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My 2020 v4 burned me so bad I had a second degree burn on the back of my left leg. I would love to be able to ride without so much pain.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts