Panigale V4 Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I don't know how many of you follow MotoGP, but Ducati's main rider just recently rejected the first contract extension offer. Dovizioso, has won 7 of the last 16 races, and currently is in the lead of the 2018 standings. Its not all that surprising that he isn't impressed with their offers thus far as his current deal is understood to be worth under €2million. Especially when compared to the €12-million salary of his championship-winning team-mate Jorge Lorenzo - who has come nowhere near matching the Italian's front running form.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I thought they would be offering him way more money with so many wins under his belt last season. Maybe lower Lorenzo's salary and give some to Dovizioso. Didn't think Ducati would cheap out and only offer the man €2million to re-sign. I'd look elsewhere if I was Dovizioso.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I don't know why they are acting like money is so tight, when imo they are grossly overpaying Lorenzo. I know Dovizioso has also been in talks with Honda and Suzuki, so Ducati needs to make sure their greed doesn't cost them a winning rider.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Didn't they pay Dovizioso around €2million last year as well? So Ducati isn't even giving the poor man a raise in spite of his outstanding performance.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts