Panigale V4 Club banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The frame sliders I've used for my other bikes (Yamaha R1M, BMW S1000RR) are woodcraft frame sliders that bolt on to the engine frame. The Aella and CNC frame sliders for the Ducati V4S (both no-cut frame sliders) bolt on to the clutch and generator covers. I'm a bit wary of mounting frame sliders here...with only about 11 Nm of torque, wouldn't the frame slider damage or just rip the case covers off in the event of a crash and slide (heavens forbid a crash and tumble)? Hence wondering if I should just go with GB Racing or Puig Case Covers and forget about a frame slider. Thoughts?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Well speaking from experience (25-30mph lowside on the RH side of my ‘18 V4S) the frame doesn’t touch on the right side. Front fork slider saved the front axle, wheel, suspension. Had to replace right clip-on, throttle tube, bar end, lever, rearset, and it scratched the right side Akra can. Frame never came close to touching.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well speaking from experience (25-30mph lowside on the RH side of my ‘18 V4S) the frame doesn’t touch on the right side. Front fork slider saved the front axle, wheel, suspension. Had to replace right clip-on, throttle tube, bar end, lever, rearset, and it scratched the right side Akra can. Frame never came close to touching.
Sorry to hear about the crash but glad you seem to be OK. Are you saying you do have frame sliders (Aella?) and they protected the frame?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts