Ducati Panigale V4 Forum - View Single Post - Dave Moss on the V4 suspension
View Single Post
post #6 of (permalink) Old 06-10-2018, 12:46 PM
Ducv4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bikeman View Post
Wonder if current owners agree that the suspension is very stiff, and that the stock grips should be replaced due to the stretched out riding position. Glad to hear how light and manageable the bike feels though.
The grips seems ok to me, but the suspension seems very, very stiff for me for the street. I am 240 pounds and when I hit even small/medium sized bumps in road it bounces me off rear seat. I must foresee any bumps and stand on pegs at least 2-3 inches off seat or bike launches up into my nuts.

I think I need to adjust preload on Sachs spring but there doesn't look to be very many turns left on the rear shock. I am checking with Ducati Omaha looks like they have a good range of Ohlins springs that work on the Sachs(base model) suspension.

I was thinking of using the stock spring on race days then getting a more cushy spring for street use.

Not sure if the upgraded Ohlins suspension is as stiff, or if preload sag can be set electronically or not. If had to do over again would maybe have considered paying the $$$ for the V4 S!

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome