New recalls coming January 2019 :( - Page 3 - Ducati Panigale V4 Forum
 7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 56 (permalink) Old 01-05-2019, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by You-Uh View Post
My V4S is currently in the shop. Small oil leak that I found coming out of the output shaft. They are installing a parts kit for that under warranty and replacing the oil cooler and performing the torquing of the cam chain tensioner bolt while it is there. Should be all done this week. I expected these kind of issues. First year bike. Still incredibly happy with it.
How long did it take ducati to fix your bike ? They have had mine for over 3 weeks and waiting for a part for the same output shaft leak.
post #22 of 56 (permalink) Old 01-07-2019, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oleary View Post
Actually, I was just advised I have four items that need attention.

(1) Replace oil cooler.
(2) Retorque the hydraulic cam chain tensioners to 50 newts. (Mine has the washers installed)
(3) Replace the clips on the line to the rear wheel speed sensor.
(4) REDUCE torque on the rear wheel hub from 25 newts to 20 newts.

And I presently have the forks ripped to bits working on improving the "front end dive under hard braking" problem.

This bike was not ready for production.
Getting these recalls and first service done tomorrow, providing the oil cooler kit arrives. When referring to improving the front end dive, I assume you mean the lack of dive. My bike is a little on the stiff side and I haven't been able to get the suspension to a confident feeling yet, I am a little on the light side at 160lbs.
post #23 of 56 (permalink) Old 01-07-2019, 02:32 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris08 View Post
Getting these recalls and first service done tomorrow, providing the oil cooler kit arrives. When referring to improving the front end dive, I assume you mean the lack of dive. My bike is a little on the stiff side and I haven't been able to get the suspension to a confident feeling yet, I am a little on the light side at 160lbs.
I'd say check your suspension settings; I can get the front to dive also while the rear is a little stiff in dynamic mode various settings (can also adjust so it doesn't dive so hard but then a little too stiff, hard to find the sweet spot right now). I have to do fixed settings to get it where I want it. I'm 175lbs.
post #24 of 56 (permalink) Old 01-07-2019, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by playersnoopy View Post
I'd say check your suspension settings; I can get the front to dive also while the rear is a little stiff in dynamic mode various settings (can also adjust so it doesn't dive so hard but then a little too stiff, hard to find the sweet spot right now). I have to do fixed settings to get it where I want it. I'm 175lbs.
I have the V4 standard and it sounds like you have the V4S, I will recheck the sag, rebound and compression settings once I get it back from the dealer on Wednesday.
post #25 of 56 (permalink) Old 01-08-2019, 02:35 AM

Quote:
When referring to improving the front end dive, I assume you mean the lack of dive. My bike is a little on the stiff side and I haven't been able to get the suspension to a confident feeling yet, I am a little on the light side at 160lbs.
Are you talking Dynamic or Fixed?

I weigh 195 with gear.

I use the bike for the track so we run in Fixed Mode only.

Front is currently set at 15 turns (max) of preload and 0 clicks (which is max, go figure) compression.

I can BURY the front end under hard braking.

And I mean bury so that the tie-wrap is pounded right to the very bottom of the fork leg.

At Area 27, T-Hill and The Ridge this bike has almost looped me into the tulips because the forks completely bottom.

The rear, on the other hand, is harder than God's head.

Then I get off the V4S and onto my 1199S and all these handling problems go away.

2008 S4RS Tricolore
2008 848>1040 (track)
2011 MTS S-Touring
2014 1199S Panigale (track)
2018 V4S Panigale (track)
post #26 of 56 (permalink) Old 01-08-2019, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oleary View Post
Are you talking Dynamic or Fixed?

I weigh 195 with gear.

I use the bike for the track so we run in Fixed Mode only.

Front is currently set at 15 turns (max) of preload and 0 clicks (which is max, go figure) compression.

I can BURY the front end under hard braking.

And I mean bury so that the tie-wrap is pounded right to the very bottom of the fork leg.

At Area 27, T-Hill and The Ridge this bike has almost looped me into the tulips because the forks completely bottom.

The rear, on the other hand, is harder than God's head.

Then I get off the V4S and onto my 1199S and all these handling problems go away.

I have a V4 standard so no modes for me; I think I just need to try and dial in the suspension.
post #27 of 56 (permalink) Old 01-09-2019, 09:29 AM

So here is the latest from my service advisor regarding the oil cooler recall; parts are currently on back order and all available parts will go on bikes on the dealership floors first. I guess there will be a slight delay for the bikes already sold and on the road.
post #28 of 56 (permalink) Old 01-09-2019, 10:52 AM
tyr

Quote:
So here is the latest from my service advisor regarding the oil cooler recall; parts are currently on back order and all available parts will go on bikes on the dealership floors first. I guess there will be a slight delay for the bikes already sold and on the road.
I would rip into your dealer -- it should be the other way around. A good one will even pull a part from a bike on the floor for YOURS.
German4rings likes this.
post #29 of 56 (permalink) Old 01-09-2019, 03:32 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyr View Post
I would rip into your dealer -- it should be the other way around. A good one will even pull a part from a bike on the floor for YOURS.
Yeah they pulled the side stand off the floor model onto mine the day I brought it in when I bitched about it and was going to be about 3 weeks to wait for the part.
post #30 of 56 (permalink) Old 01-09-2019, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by playersnoopy View Post
Yeah they pulled the side stand off the floor model onto mine the day I brought it in when I bitched about it and was going to be about 3 weeks to wait for the part.
The dealer and service manager have been pretty forthcoming so far, says the mandate for the recall is from Ducati.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page