New recalls coming January 2019 :( - Page 2 - Ducati Panigale V4 Forum
 7Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 56 (permalink) Old 12-23-2018, 10:07 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 4
Looking to purchase a V4S and wanted to know if there is a complete list of all the recalls so far on this model? If not would someone please be so kind as to post it? This way I can verify from the dealer that these have all been done before I take delivery of the machine.

Thanks
toxichobo is offline  
post #12 of 56 (permalink) Old 12-23-2018, 10:52 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by toxichobo View Post
Looking to purchase a V4S and wanted to know if there is a complete list of all the recalls so far on this model? If not would someone please be so kind as to post it? This way I can verify from the dealer that these have all been done before I take delivery of the machine.

Thanks
That may be difficult because it depends on when/where the bike was made and assembled.

So some bikes will have recalls others will not.
I am in USA and so far i have had 4 or 5 recalls...

Oil cooler, ecu flash for the rear cylinder shut down, rear speed sensor bracket, cam tensioner bolts, and maybe another ecu flash. There are probably one or two others i don't know or forgot about
nickfunk is offline  
post #13 of 56 (permalink) Old 12-23-2018, 12:25 PM
Member
 
dflowerz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 62
Yep mine is due for the oil cooler and tensioner recalls too. At least it is winter here so shop should be slow. Hoping this can get done quickly once the dealer has the parts.
dflowerz is offline  
post #14 of 56 (permalink) Old 12-23-2018, 02:05 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by dflowerz View Post
Yep mine is due for the oil cooler and tensioner recalls too. At least it is winter here so shop should be slow. Hoping this can get done quickly once the dealer has the parts.

Ducati website says parts will be available at end of january.. check your vin# to see your bike's recalls.

https://www.ducati.com/ww/en/service...ecall-campaign
nickfunk is offline  
post #15 of 56 (permalink) Old 12-23-2018, 10:50 PM
Member
 
steve's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 70
Oil cooler parts starting to arrive in Australia, apparently recall letters going out now to Australian owners.
steve is offline  
post #16 of 56 (permalink) Old 12-25-2018, 11:43 PM
Junior Member
 
You-Uh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Springfield, Oregon
Posts: 9
My V4S is currently in the shop. Small oil leak that I found coming out of the output shaft. They are installing a parts kit for that under warranty and replacing the oil cooler and performing the torquing of the cam chain tensioner bolt while it is there. Should be all done this week. I expected these kind of issues. First year bike. Still incredibly happy with it.
You-Uh is offline  
post #17 of 56 (permalink) Old 01-02-2019, 02:51 PM
Member
 
steve's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by You-Uh View Post
My V4S is currently in the shop. Small oil leak that I found coming out of the output shaft. They are installing a parts kit for that under warranty and replacing the oil cooler and performing the torquing of the cam chain tensioner bolt while it is there. Should be all done this week. I expected these kind of issues. First year bike. Still incredibly happy with it.
I was told by my dealer that a recall for the clutch hose is coming soon.
steve is offline  
post #18 of 56 (permalink) Old 01-02-2019, 05:12 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 197
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve View Post
I was told by my dealer that a recall for the clutch hose is coming soon.
let's hope they've identified the problem and that was it I've had everything else but that replaced.
playersnoopy is offline  
post #19 of 56 (permalink) Old 01-04-2019, 03:15 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 28
Mine gets the oil cooler port recall and the timing chain recall, yay!!!
CRAZYDUC996 is offline  
post #20 of 56 (permalink) Old 01-04-2019, 09:35 PM
Senior Member
 
oleary's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 117
Safety notices

Actually, I was just advised I have four items that need attention.

(1) Replace oil cooler.
(2) Retorque the hydraulic cam chain tensioners to 50 newts. (Mine has the washers installed)
(3) Replace the clips on the line to the rear wheel speed sensor.
(4) REDUCE torque on the rear wheel hub from 25 newts to 20 newts.

And I presently have the forks ripped to bits working on improving the "front end dive under hard braking" problem.

This bike was not ready for production.

2008 S4RS Tricolore
2008 848>1040 (track)
2011 MTS S-Touring
2014 1199S Panigale (track)
2018 V4S Panigale (track)
oleary is offline  
Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2019 Ducati Panigale V4 R Unveiled At EICMA PanAdmin Panigale V4 News 0 11-05-2018 02:49 PM
Recalls Stevedv4 Panigale V4 Recalls And TSBs 7 07-23-2018 04:57 PM

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome