Another delay - Ducati Panigale V4 Forum
 7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-08-2018, 02:35 PM Thread Starter

Another delay

Just got a call from my dealer. The pick-up of my new V4 will be delayed AGAIN.

Quote, "It includes new radiator ducting and a second coolant expansion bottle amongst other small improvements."

I ordered the bike last October. I specifically asked for the full Akrapovic which I knew would delay it a bit.

First was the software recall for the Akra system, then the gas cap/fuel vent order recall.

So all get that fixed and guess what, this morning we have another one.

This very loyal Ducati dealer is somewhat pissed.

2008 S4RS Tricolore
2008 848>1040 (track)
2011 MTS S-Touring
2014 1199S Panigale (track)
2018 V4S Panigale (track)

Last edited by oleary; 05-08-2018 at 02:44 PM.
post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-08-2018, 03:03 PM

Sorry to hear that. Very frustrating for sure! I still have not decided whether or not I will purchase a V4s, but I may just wait until the small problems get ironed out. Normally I have no problem buying a new model, but this one is a bit different.
oleary likes this.
post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-08-2018, 03:38 PM Thread Starter

If I didn't have Stage 4 cancer I would wait for the 2019's.

It is BLINDINGLY clear to me this bike was rushed out the door without adequate testing.

For the price I definitely WOULD NOT do this again - and I already own 4 Ducatis.

2008 S4RS Tricolore
2008 848>1040 (track)
2011 MTS S-Touring
post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-09-2018, 10:36 AM

It is odd that they are having such significant problems with the V4, but I guess that's what happens when you bring your first MotoGP bike to the masses. Sorry to hear you're stuck waiting still. Did they indicate a new expected delivery date?
post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-09-2018, 05:54 PM Thread Starter

No, and this the third time they have delayed delivery. One of the delays was the Akra up map.

I have purchased a lot of motorcycles in my life but Ducati has managed to turn this into a truly soul-crushing experience.

2008 S4RS Tricolore
2008 848>1040 (track)
2011 MTS S-Touring
post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-10-2018, 10:31 AM

While its very disappointing that you've had to wait so long to take delivery, its probably better you don't get your hands on it until all these recalls have been addressed on it anyways. Last thing you want is to have the bike and start experiencing serious issues with it.
post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-10-2018, 10:14 PM Thread Starter

Words cannot describe my frustration.

Delivery is now next Thursday, ....

.... because we must now install a few bits of plastic that will allow some folks to sit in front of Starbucks wearing their flip-flops and shorts with the engine running - indefinitely.

All of which I will promptly remove the minute I get the bike home.

The problem is simple, Ducati has tried to make a MotoGP bike into a Starbucks Cruiser.

And it ain't workin' - much to NO-ONE'S surprise.

Clearly, there is not a single human being in the whole Volkswagen/Audi/Ducati organization who understands the basic Laws of Thermodynamics.

Ducati seems to think that they can tweak the software and wave around a few bits of plastic and all the heat generated by 226 horsepower "magically go away".

As soon as I get the bike home I will replace all the "Ducati performance software" with David at Rexxers stuff.

And then I will remove the little black plastic flappy valves, cheap black plastic cylinder covers and all the other crap that Ducati thinks will allow this bike to sit at a stoplight idling forever without catching the Starbucks Princesses' panties on fire.
simplythebest likes this.

2008 S4RS Tricolore
2008 848>1040 (track)
2011 MTS S-Touring
post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-11-2018, 11:04 PM Thread Starter

So, in addition to a few cheap bits of black plastic, some little flappy valves and another expansion tank we have new "upgraded" software.

This software kills the two rear cylinders when you are stopped or riding with part throttle.

The purpose of this is to "reduce heat" and "improve fuel economy".

Am I the only one on the planet who thinks this is f**king ludicrous?

I did not buy this bike so I could ride around on two cylinders and I sure as **** did not buy this bike for "fuel economy".

I asked that both of these "upgrades" not be installed. I was told we do not have a choice.

Words not describe my frustration with Ducati.

2008 S4RS Tricolore
2008 848>1040 (track)
2011 MTS S-Touring
post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-12-2018, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oleary View Post
Words cannot describe my frustration.

Delivery is now next Thursday, ....

.... because we must now install a few bits of plastic that will allow some folks to sit in front of Starbucks wearing their flip-flops and shorts with the engine running - indefinitely.

All of which I will promptly remove the minute I get the bike home.

The problem is simple, Ducati has tried to make a MotoGP bike into a Starbucks Cruiser.

And it ain't workin' - much to NO-ONE'S surprise.

Clearly, there is not a single human being in the whole Volkswagen/Audi/Ducati organization who understands the basic Laws of Thermodynamics.

Ducati seems to think that they can tweak the software and wave around a few bits of plastic and all the heat generated by 226 horsepower "magically go away".

As soon as I get the bike home I will replace all the "Ducati performance software" with David at Rexxers stuff.

And then I will remove the little black plastic flappy valves, cheap black plastic cylinder covers and all the other crap that Ducati thinks will allow this bike to sit at a stoplight idling forever without catching the Starbucks Princesses' panties on fire.

Would really appreciate it if you could post with pictures on how to remove all these bits.
All of us who are not very good with their hands, but will use the bike for what it was designed for will really be happy!

thanks!
post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-12-2018, 03:29 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplythebest View Post
Would really appreciate it if you could post with pictures on how to remove all these bits.
All of us who are not very good with their hands, but will use the bike for what it was designed for will really be happy!

thanks!

Will do, .... if I ever get the damned thing home.

2008 S4RS Tricolore
2008 848>1040 (track)
2011 MTS S-Touring

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page