Heat problems on Panigale V4? - Page 3 - Ducati Panigale V4 Forum
 9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 28 (permalink) Old 07-25-2018, 08:56 AM

Garage
i just picked up my bike Saturday and i quickly noticed that it gets very warm when riding and definitely hot when in stop and go traffic. prior to pick up i ran vin for recalls and everything came back clean. no recalls issued for my particular vin. the bike has a built date of 04/18.not sure if any recalls after that build date.

either way i wanted to ask about this new carbon fiber heat shield by RSR that has come out for it. has anyone tried this? if so, how doe sit work compared to stock? does/or would it make a great difference in blocking some heat? can someone give some feedback on this? also interested in a pic or two? does the heat shield wrap around the exhaust piping near/under the seat or is it just a cover kind of like the stock heat shield?
post #22 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-20-2018, 08:03 PM

Heat

Has anybody taken off the black insulation inside the bodywork? My local dealer told me this is eur4 noise control so the bike should run cooler with more airflow thru bodywork. On a hot day say 90f it cooks you alive even when rolling under 50:devil: mph
post #23 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-22-2018, 09:07 AM

I feel like all these new emission regulations are really tying the hands of performance bike manufacturers. Has anyone done this mod to confirm that the bike runs cooler without?
Panzer07 likes this.
post #24 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-22-2018, 09:45 AM

Garage
Seems like the exup valve removal bypass may result in cooler temps maybe ? More open exhaust may equal less heat ?
Panzer07 likes this.

grip bars , grab throttle and twist !
post #25 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-22-2018, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by German4rings View Post
Seems like the exup valve removal bypass may result in cooler temps maybe ? More open exhaust may equal less heat ?
From what I have heard, the valve is basically open most of the time anyway. The heat is off of the engine, not the exhaust. Its cooling itself and blasting that hot air onto the rider and everything else. Guys with the Akra's even say the heat is no different. All that heat energy from all this power needs to go somewhere.
Panzer07 likes this.
post #26 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-23-2018, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spinkick View Post
From what I have heard, the valve is basically open most of the time anyway. The heat is off of the engine, not the exhaust. Its cooling itself and blasting that hot air onto the rider and everything else. Guys with the Akra's even say the heat is no different. All that heat energy from all this power needs to go somewhere.
Yes, the heat comes from the cylinders, not the exhaust, feel it on the back of the left thigh.
post #27 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-26-2018, 04:29 PM

That heat is why I stopped commuting to work and back every day, sitting in traffic is no fun. Rather save riding time for clearer local roads and highways where I have all the freedom. Don't know how some guys do it.
post #28 of 28 (permalink) Old 09-04-2018, 10:57 PM

Still a nut roaster. Man that has got to really suck! I was hoping this problem would be fixed by now. Its the same reason I didn't buy a new Pani in 2017. Now I want one some bad I am willing to overlook the issue of getting my entire lower body smoked. LOL
Panzer07 likes this.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page