Bleeding clutch now every 200 miles - Page 3 - Ducati Panigale V4 Forum
 9Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-17-2018, 12:00 PM
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 197
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyr View Post
weren't you just saying it was fixed?
I had the clutch pump replaced as a fix... started acting up again after about a week.
playersnoopy is offline  
post #22 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-17-2018, 12:56 PM
tyr
Member
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by playersnoopy View Post
I had the clutch pump replaced as a fix... started acting up again after about a week.
Took only a day for mine to start getting air again after the master cylinder (the entire clutch assembly) was replaced. This was after they already replaced the entire slave cylinder/piston as well.

Seems like either there's a really shitty design, or there's a lot of leaking clutch lines.
tyr is offline  
post #23 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-17-2018, 06:55 PM
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 197
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyr View Post
Took only a day for mine to start getting air again after the master cylinder (the entire clutch assembly) was replaced. This was after they already replaced the entire slave cylinder/piston as well.

Seems like either there's a really shitty design, or there's a lot of leaking clutch lines.
Yeah, I escalated it mine w/ DNA, they're more concerned w/ the gas tank pressure build up right now but I told them they need to resolve both issues. They said they will work w/ their techs and the dealership on the issues; we will see next week.
playersnoopy is offline  
post #24 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-18-2018, 10:39 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
German4rings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 137
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by playersnoopy View Post
yep... then you get to max adjustments and then at every light you're pumping the clutch Everyone asks me if I'm ok lol.

I just got off the phone w/ DNA today and have an appointment scheduled w/ my dealership for Monday so I can ride this weekend first; hopefully they do something about it.
Quick and easy fix in the mean time . On clutch top take off breather cap. Use 11mm wrench , loosen bleeder cap. With a rag underneath the bleeder squeeze clutch SLOWLY until fluid comes out . Important that you keep the clutch squeezed and tighten up the bleeder BEFORE releasing your clutch !!! And fixed !!! Go ride !!! Do not overtighten bleeder screw just snug it up to tight and give it another 1/4 turn . Replace cap and done . It won’t take you more then 2 Min to get your clutch working just fine again!

grip bars , grab throttle and twist !
German4rings is offline  
post #25 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-18-2018, 10:56 AM
Member
 
dflowerz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 62
I wonder what portion of bikes are having clutch issues. Crossed fingers, but zero issues with mine so far, but only about 1000 miles on the bike.
dflowerz is offline  
post #26 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-18-2018, 05:30 PM
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 197
Quote:
Originally Posted by German4rings View Post
Quick and easy fix in the mean time . On clutch top take off breather cap. Use 11mm wrench , loosen bleeder cap. With a rag underneath the bleeder squeeze clutch SLOWLY until fluid comes out . Important that you keep the clutch squeezed and tighten up the bleeder BEFORE releasing your clutch !!! And fixed !!! Go ride !!! Do not overtighten bleeder screw just snug it up to tight and give it another 1/4 turn . Replace cap and done . It wonít take you more then 2 Min to get your clutch working just fine again!
yeah but bleeding the clutch isn't the issue; it's the fact even after bleeding it, it begins to fade after a couple hundred miles and very rapidly once it starts. So air is getting in somehow, speculation from others is due to heat, but either way it shouldn't happen like this.
playersnoopy is offline  
post #27 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-18-2018, 05:42 PM
Senior Member
 
oleary's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by playersnoopy View Post
yeah but bleeding the clutch isn't the issue; it's the fact even after bleeding it, it begins to fade after a couple hundred miles and very rapidly once it starts. So air is getting in somehow, speculation from others is due to heat, but either way it shouldn't happen like this.
It will be interesting to finally figure this out. It is odd that it only effects some bikes. My V4 is 5 months old, has 3000+ kms and the clutch has never been bled.

2008 S4RS Tricolore
2008 848>1040 (track)
2011 MTS S-Touring
2014 1199S Panigale (track)
2018 V4S Panigale (track)
oleary is offline  
post #28 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-18-2018, 05:52 PM
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 197
Quote:
Originally Posted by oleary View Post
It will be interesting to finally figure this out. It is odd that it only effects some bikes. My V4 is 5 months old, has 3000+ kms and the clutch has never been bled.
My complaint was that mine seemed to have been fine when I first got it; it was only after the recall was done that it began. Of course it could have been a coincidence but who knows. Of course the adjust ability of the lever was a whole another issue.
playersnoopy is offline  
post #29 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-27-2018, 04:03 PM
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 197
Had to call the shop to find out what was going on w/ my bike... because they failed to follow up w/ me once again. Anyways, for the clutch they replaced the slave pump... bike isn't ready since there was some recall w/ the ABS rear wheel speed sensor (which is something new I guess), they couldn't tell me exactly what is up but apparently it's something minor w/ some clips that hold the sensor. As for the gas cap issue, no resolution, neither the shop nor DNA talked to one another so I have no clue what's going to happen. I just told the shop it'll be a week on Monday and I don't want my bike just sitting there; plus weather is going to get nice later this week for a bit.
playersnoopy is offline  
post #30 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-03-2018, 01:57 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by dflowerz View Post
I wonder what portion of bikes are having clutch issues. Crossed fingers, but zero issues with mine so far, but only about 1000 miles on the bike.
I wonder this too. Mine started around 1500 miles, so keep those fingers crossed.

I read rumors online that changing the fluid out for something like Castrol SRF or Motul RB600 helps, BUT those are just rumors. Don't know if someone at castrol or motul is spreading rumors to increase sales, because they know desperate ppl will try anything. I'll try both and let you guys know. I swapped to RB600 first (because cheaper and available at local shop) but haven't had time to ride so I'll report back. Or what would be better is if someone here has already tired this could chime in on this thread. -_-
vizoverlord is offline  
Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New tires at 2400 miles! ❤️❤️ German4rings Panigale V4 Wheels And Tires 15 11-15-2018 04:29 PM
Passenger seat doesnít stay on!!WTF bleeding brakes/clutch German4rings Panigale V4 Complaints, Issues And Problems 2 09-25-2018 09:50 AM
Clutch / brake issues tyr Panigale V4 Complaints, Issues And Problems 6 07-05-2018 10:19 PM
Panigale V4 Clear Clutch Cover PanAdmin Panigale V4 Drivetrain 5 04-04-2018 12:44 PM

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome