Bleeding clutch now every 200 miles - Page 2 - Ducati Panigale V4 Forum
 9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-06-2018, 03:20 PM
Super Moderator

Mine only started to become an issue after the Brembo clutch kit replacement due to recall; then the clutch faded like crazy, took it in to be bled and resolved it for about 2-3 days then started to fade rapidly and could only be used at max adjustment at the lever having the screw pretty much all the way into the clutch pump. Then had to pump the clutch most of the time to get it working to somewhat usable state. Complained to the dealership and they had Ducati replace the pump and now it's working properly for over 2 weeks now. Best of all I have full adjustment capabilities now while before you could only adjust it to make the clutch work, now I can adjust to a position I want my clutch lever to be. There's no recall on the pump/master cylinder replacement, I assume it's not an issue on every bike? My clutch fade was never an issue until the initial recall on the clutch kit.
post #12 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-08-2018, 09:44 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Again,
From what I know itís basically just a shite design from Ducati. They could resolve the issue by simply placing the fluid res directly on top of the masters on the bars . The problem is they have it at an angle attached with that hose that basically kinks and doesnít allow any air to travel back up into the res and traps air .
tyr likes this.

grip bars , grab throttle and twist !
post #13 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-09-2018, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by German4rings View Post
Again,
From what I know itís basically just a shite design from Ducati. They could resolve the issue by simply placing the fluid res directly on top of the masters on the bars . The problem is they have it at an angle attached with that hose that basically kinks and doesnít allow any air to travel back up into the res and traps air .
Dunno about that, I have five Ducatis in my garage and they all have the same design - they all work just fine.

FYI, it's a Brembo design, not a Ducati design.

2008 S4RS Tricolore
2008 848>1040 (track)
2011 MTS S-Touring
2014 1199S Panigale (track)
2018 V4S Panigale (track)
post #14 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-10-2018, 10:48 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by oleary View Post
Dunno about that, I have five Ducatis in my garage and they all have the same design - they all work just fine.

FYI, it's a Brembo design, not a Ducati design.
Sorry friend but I don’t think you’ re correct . Yes brembo designs the masters and all but that fancy aluminum bracket is Ducati’s handiwork .... this isn’t my first Ducati either . 2005 monster 620 dark, 2007 monster s4rs , 2007 749s , 2009 mistristrada 1100s, 2009 1098s, 2014 1199s, and this 2018 v4s . I’m def not new to the product line ��. I had some issues with the panigale 1199s but no where near as bad as this one . I almost just bleed it now like every few rides just in case . It only takes 2 minutes with the 11mm wrench but it’s besides the point .....

grip bars , grab throttle and twist !
post #15 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-10-2018, 12:44 PM
tyr

Quote:
Originally Posted by German4rings View Post
Sorry friend but I donít think youí re correct . Yes brembo designs the masters and all but that fancy aluminum bracket is Ducatiís handiwork .... this isnít my first Ducati either . 2005 monster 620 dark, 2007 monster s4rs , 2007 749s , 2009 mistristrada 1100s, 2009 1098s, 2014 1199s, and this 2018 v4s . Iím def not new to the product line ��. I had some issues with the panigale 1199s but no where near as bad as this one . I almost just bleed it now like every few rides just in case . It only takes 2 minutes with the 11mm wrench but itís besides the point .....
This is what I was dealing with as well after having the slave and master replaced. Still required bleeding every 200-300 miles (basically every other ride) like you said. I guess it could be lines/connectors leaking, but I'm starting to doubt that's the case with all the other people reporting the issue even after having the parts replaced.
post #16 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-10-2018, 09:13 PM

I took it in to the dealer. The explanation I got was that since it was already bled at the 1st service by them, and I had to bleed it in a few hundred miles after, they opened some sort of case with Ducati USA the result of which was that they replaced the clutch fluid with "full synthetic" because they "thought it was heat related."

Also, apparently there is a new bulletin that applies regarding routing of the rear wheel speed sensor cable and possible replacement of the rear wheel speed sensor itself in certain cases. They're keeping the bike to do those updates as soon as parts come in.
V4Dream likes this.
post #17 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-11-2018, 03:12 PM

at least so far it seems that Ducati is handling these issues well because damage control is everything, seen for myself how it can make or break a brand.
post #18 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-16-2018, 08:55 PM

Mine just started acting up, had to adjust knob just to get it going without stalling bike.
post #19 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-17-2018, 12:22 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panzer07 View Post
Mine just started acting up, had to adjust knob just to get it going without stalling bike.
yep... then you get to max adjustments and then at every light you're pumping the clutch Everyone asks me if I'm ok lol.

I just got off the phone w/ DNA today and have an appointment scheduled w/ my dealership for Monday so I can ride this weekend first; hopefully they do something about it.
post #20 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-17-2018, 11:28 AM
tyr

Quote:
Originally Posted by playersnoopy View Post
yep... then you get to max adjustments and then at every light you're pumping the clutch Everyone asks me if I'm ok lol.

I just got off the phone w/ DNA today and have an appointment scheduled w/ my dealership for Monday so I can ride this weekend first; hopefully they do something about it.
weren't you just saying it was fixed?

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page