Passenger seat doesnít stay on!!WTF bleeding brakes/clutch - Ducati Panigale V4 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-24-2018, 08:57 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Passenger seat doesnít stay on!!WTF bleeding brakes/clutch

So I installed the passenger seat and pegs yesterday . The seat will not stay in place ....as you ride the passengers weight is really the only thing that keeps it in place .... as soon as you stop and they get off the seat comes loose .... Another shitty design that wasnít properly vetted by Ducati. Iím starting to believe we all should have waited another model year to get all the kinks worked out . I love the bike and it rides amazing ! One of if not the best bike Iíve ever owned but just too many little stupid things that donít work as they should have . I mean this bike doesnít really have a purpose for a passenger .... but sometimes you need to throw some hot ass on the back and scare the shite outta them. 😂😂🤦*♂️🤦*♂️ Iím calling dealership tomorrow to see what they have to say. Oh Also, get used to bleeding your masters and brakes . Those fancy brackets that hold on the fluid Reservoir by the bars are terribly designed so when any air enters the system it canít go back up and your beat... just keep a 11mm wrench handy and crack the bleeders on the top and give them a slow pulluntil you see the fluid ..... takes 5 min and your brakes and clutch are brand new again!!!

grip bars , grab throttle and twist !
post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-25-2018, 09:56 AM

I'm assuming like with other Ducats that this passenger seat just attaches with some clips/pegs? That's not very reassuring for your pillion rider lol.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-25-2018, 10:50 AM Thread Starter

Garage
You have to remove the back plastics that covers your taillight . You install a completely separate piece and the pillion seat slides in and is supposed to lock in place with your key. Problem is it doesnít and as you ride it just vibrates loose ... your passenger riders weight keeps them in place and your seat in tack underneath them but itís def dangerous . I would be surprised if Ducati doesnít address it as it seems like a big safety issue .

grip bars , grab throttle and twist !

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page