V4s cutting out - Ducati Panigale V4 Forum
 4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-30-2018, 04:01 PM Thread Starter

Garage
V4s cutting out

My bike has cut out while riding a few times now. It went in for a bunch of recalls they said would solve the problem. So today a month after the recalls it did it again. Anyone else having this problem?
post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-01-2018, 02:35 AM

By cuts out you mean you lose all throttle response? So when you twist the throttle nothing happens? Or does it go into a "limp mode"?

If thats the case it happened to another Ducati of mine. A 2016 Hyper, and it seems to happen to other models as well. Looks like the new V4 isnt immune this this mystery problem.
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-01-2018, 03:13 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Hi dude. The engine cuts out. The bike starts to feel lumpy then cuts out. It starts back up again.
post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-01-2018, 10:23 AM

I experienced this two days ago at the track, a bunch of times and had to abort my sessions because of it. It happened during heavy throttle in 3rd and 4th gear on straights at around 10k+ RPMs. It felt like the gas was interrupted for a split second each time, like the engine was starved or gurgling, sometimes in a quick series of interrupts. It was unsettling to me and the bike (it's very much not good to have your bike unexpectedly slow down on the racing line in the fast group but thankfully I had no incidents). I know very well what traction control, wheelie control, and rev limiter interventions look and feel like and this was something different. The engine just cuts power for a split second and stutters at high RPMs.

Interestingly, this only happened on my 3rd and 6th session of the day, when I was fairly low on fuel. After I aborted the 3rd session I refilled my gas tank and turned the DQS off then on again and sessions 4 and 5 were fine. Then in Session 6, with low fuel again, on the first straight this happened so I pulled into the pits and called it a day.

My bike has all the software updates and charcoal canister removed and I took it into the shop yesterday for a fix. The tech spit balled some ideas with me and thinks it could be related to the inline valve in the vacuum line that fed the canister, or an issue with the gas tank, and is probably not an issue with the quick shifter sensor. I also don't think it's that sensor as the cut felt different from a shift cut. But we'll see. As I learn more, I'll report back with details.

Aside from this, the bike is an absolute violent, fast, wild animal on the track and I loved it in every way.
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-01-2018, 04:48 PM Thread Starter

Garage
**** dude not good......
Iíve emailed the dealer and await their response. Iíve heard most panigales have suffered this problem over the years. You would think they have sorted it by now........
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-09-2019, 06:44 AM

Has anyone heard of a fix, or know what the issue is? Mine goes lumpy, then if Iím at idle RPM or coming to a stop, it cuts out. Happened 5 time today. Any more info?
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-25-2019, 10:07 PM

Had this happen to my 2018 V4S couple of times today. Any solutions to date?
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-26-2019, 01:06 AM

Hey all,

I have the '19 corse and this happened to me after a longish ride last week. Didn't start until after I stopped at the shops for a short period, then on the way home, started to surge, throttle response sluggish. As I revved it a bit, it would cut out. Restarts every time, but within a few minutes, it would do the same again. Checked the fuel cap, had a bit of pressure so went and filled up. Full tank and still the same. Bike has 1000kms and a bit discouraged with the way it's behaving - anyone have any new news???

Cheers

RobP69
V4S Corse
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-26-2019, 08:21 AM

Interesting. For me it happened exactly the same way - after we stopped for a break following a ~60 mile ride. At least I know it is not a 2018 model issue.
RobP69 likes this.
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-27-2019, 07:27 PM

Might be a good idea if people include their build dates to better narrow down on what models are impacted by it.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page