Panigale V4 Club banner

Speciale Engine Stalls

12K views 20 replies 13 participants last post by  Lamf1969 
#1 ·
HI, I just got an Speciale Aprox 200 miles on it now and have notice that the engine will stall on the first 5 to 10 minutes of riding when pulling the clutch before stopping. Is not related to been warm as I have let the engine warm up for up to 10 minutes before riding.

It has the full AKRA installed so no canister and all recalls have been corrected.

Anyone dealing with the same issues?

Thanks

#7 ·
That happened to most of my Ducatis I’ve had in the past. It’s very random and it usually starts right up. I do have to say... some happened more than others but not often enough to be bothersome. It happened the most with my Panigale R. Light flywheel didn’t help either.

Hasn’t happened on my Speciale yet. I only put 100km on her so far and had to go to vacation so I can’t comment yet. Can’t wait to go back and ride!

#10 ·
Bike is at the dealer, they are checking the stalling and QS issues. Stalling has happened 3 times in about 400 miles of riding, usually at the beginning of the ride, QS issues are an everyday occurrence but also at the beginning of rides. I have tried letting it warm for almost 20 minutes before riding it but the results are always the same. Will let you know what the dealer says.

#18 ·
I don't know whats the issue., They told me Ducati issued a new part (new part number) for the seal when they replace it last time. I guess it did not solved the issue. The leak is minimal. just a drop every couple of days. But is there and when it drips it lands on the exhaust causing a little smoke to appear before it burns out the oil. Still it's a new 40K motorcycle with 600miles and it should not be leaking oil.

#20 · (Edited)
If you run it on 98 Octane it can run like a hairy goat sometimes and stall out can also be hard to start when cold mine stalled out 3 times whilst in city cycle and is still likes to act up starting cold at times.
But I think I have cold starts sorted by turning the ignition on and waiting for the click from under the battery panel or somewhere there abouts.

I have no solution for 98 Octane woes except if your always in city flows of traffic try it on 95 Octane and use 98 on long runs...

I've owned a good lot of Honda's never owned a Yamahaha :p but riding Ducati's is like on a rail around corners and the straightline speed of the V4 no matter the model designation in stock form is astonishing.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.