Panigale V4 Club banner

How good is your steering damper

6K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  Tron1007r 
#1 ·
Most of the corners on my track are 2nd gear, and when I shift to 3rd the front pops up a bit and the I start getting a wobble... NOT a tank slapper, jest the beginning of one.
I just ride it out, but its unsettling.

Tried playing with the settings, but not luck so far. Is the lack of high speed and low speed damping an issue?

Anyone one facing similar issues and found a way to make it work?

Thanks!

#3 ·
You are right. Thanks.

On acceleration, the back was too soft as I took a lot of preload off.

So when I gas up, the back 'squats' for want of a better word. and its not a wobble, just my hands not keeping the bars straight.

Added more compression, and I'm trying to focus on keeping my hands a bit firmer on exit. As usually I leave them reasonably loose through the corner.

Thanks for the help

God, this bike is a too fast for me when you want to push it!
Ride it slow and steady like a 600 and the times are great!

#9 ·
I have a 2020 V4R with about 60k in parts on it. Including the Rotobox Bullet Wheels. Today I got head shake over 150 through 177+. I didn't like it at all. Can't imagine what's causing it. I did dial up the steering damper but it was still there.

Also, my clutch wouldn't disengage at low speed to allow neutral. That just happened. I have almost 600 miles on it. Other than that... NO issues. It's extremely stable leaned over at high speed (with Michelin Cup 2s), but in a straight line wide open over 160+, the head shake comes into play.

I'll get the dealer to look into and get back to you.

Also recall on gear sensor. Guess when the bike is hot there is an issue.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.