Electronic suspension failure - Ducati Panigale V4 Forum
 6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-17-2018, 02:27 AM Thread Starter

Electronic suspension failure

I had a track day last weekend and after 3 20 min sessions in the 4 session, the bike just popped a crazy wheelie when i opened it up on the straight.
I thought I had DWC in the wrong mode and rode the lap but the bike felt really funny. Some times hard and sometimes soft. After 2 or 3 corners i looked down to see the error messages and slowed down and came into the pits.

Thought it could be a glitch. so let her cool down for an hour. After that I removed the battery connector to see if an ECU reset will fix it. (that why the pic says set date and time)

It didn't. So I went out for a slow lap and the bike was not rideable. Forget DWC DQS and DTC. Just crazy suspension. Even in fixed mode.

I've had quick shifter issues, and my dealership is receiving the part this week. so I said I would get it all checked out together.

Only change I've done is change the front fork oil from 5w to 10w as the front was really soft for me.

Anyone else had this issue?

Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WhatsApp Image 2018-11-12 at 13.00.33.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	73.5 KB
ID:	584  
SixShock likes this.
post #2 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-18-2018, 01:20 PM
Super Moderator

I've had all the electronics error on me after a crazy wheelie incident; but it was because I slammed the bike down too hard as a result. Came to a light and turned the ignition off/on and it reset itself just fine. Not sure about yours.
post #3 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-20-2018, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplythebest View Post
I had a track day last weekend and after 3 20 min sessions in the 4 session, the bike just popped a crazy wheelie when i opened it up on the straight.
I thought I had DWC in the wrong mode and rode the lap but the bike felt really funny. Some times hard and sometimes soft. After 2 or 3 corners i looked down to see the error messages and slowed down and came into the pits.

Thought it could be a glitch. so let her cool down for an hour. After that I removed the battery connector to see if an ECU reset will fix it. (that why the pic says set date and time)

It didn't. So I went out for a slow lap and the bike was not rideable. Forget DWC DQS and DTC. Just crazy suspension. Even in fixed mode.

I've had quick shifter issues, and my dealership is receiving the part this week. so I said I would get it all checked out together.

Only change I've done is change the front fork oil from 5w to 10w as the front was really soft for me.

Anyone else had this issue?

Thanks.
If you change the fork oil, the active suspension will not work correctly. It was designed with the oil weight it came with. This was confirmed by Dave Moss and the shop he tells people to go to for deeper suspension changes.
post #4 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-22-2018, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SixShock View Post
If you change the fork oil, the active suspension will not work correctly. It was designed with the oil weight it came with. This was confirmed by Dave Moss and the shop he tells people to go to for deeper suspension changes.
That's odd, I was just talking to Dave today and he said don't bother changing springs (stock is 1.05) instead change to 10W and 140 mm oil height.

He said you could do a revalve but that would be "for more serious race application".

2008 S4RS Tricolore
2008 848>1040 (track)
2011 MTS S-Touring
2014 1199S Panigale (track)
2018 V4S Panigale (track)
post #5 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-25-2018, 02:07 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by oleary View Post
That's odd, I was just talking to Dave today and he said don't bother changing springs (stock is 1.05) instead change to 10W and 140 mm oil height.

He said you could do a revalve but that would be "for more serious race application".
Same here. This is the advice I got from Dave. Go to 10w and increase oil by 10mm.

It rode fine on the street getting to the track, and 3 reasonably hot sessions.
Only on the 4th did this happen.
Anyways, waiting for my QS part so I can get everything done together,
post #6 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-03-2018, 08:10 AM Thread Starter

Guys... an update. Nothing to do with oil etc.

The Wheel speed sensor wire has somehow come loose and scrapped against the tire.
Pls see pic.

The Freakership tried saying it was a rat bite!

Had fun with them showing the abrasive marks on the wire saying rats graze at equivalent speed of 100mph.
pls see pic.

Please check you front wheel speed sensors and their wires.

Warranty replacement... thankfully
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	wheel sensor.jpg
Views:	160
Size:	126.1 KB
ID:	608  
post #7 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-03-2018, 11:49 AM
Super Moderator

There's actually a recall on that I believe; mine was fixed/replaced when it was in the shop for another issue (something about the rear wheel speed sensor clip)
post #8 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-04-2018, 06:53 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by playersnoopy View Post
There's actually a recall on that I believe; mine was fixed/replaced when it was in the shop for another issue (something about the rear wheel speed sensor clip)
This was the front. Not the rear. I better check my rear now!
post #9 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-04-2018, 10:28 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
This was the front. Not the rear. I better check my rear now!
Mine never had a front speed sensor recall... but as of mid November it did have a rear speed sensor clip recall while it was in the shop and they took care of it at that time.
post #10 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-08-2018, 06:53 PM

Garage
Quote:
Guys... an update. Nothing to do with oil etc.

The Wheel speed sensor wire has somehow come loose and scrapped against the tire.
Pls see pic.

The Freakership tried saying it was a rat bite!

Had fun with them showing the abrasive marks on the wire saying rats graze at equivalent speed of 100mph.
pls see pic.

Please check you front wheel speed sensors and their wires.

Warranty replacement... thankfully
Thanks, I'll check mine for rubbing

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page