Quick shifter issues - Ducati Panigale V4 Forum
 52Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 99 (permalink) Old 06-07-2018, 09:09 PM Thread Starter

Unhappy Quick shifter issues

Anyone have any issues with the quickshifter not working up/down? So I picked up my S last Friday and the next day I went to the canyon everything was working great but as I was heading home I noticed the quick shifter would not work up or down. Itís currently set to on up/down. I pulled over and got gas and let the bike cool down and when I took off it was working fine. Bike sat until Wednesday and I went out and everything was fine but about 10 miles into riding the same thing happened but the throttle also cut out momentarily and when it came back almost bucked me off the bike. It will be on its way back to the dealer on Saturday morning to pull the diagnostic to see whatís up:sad:
post #2 of 99 (permalink) Old 06-08-2018, 09:11 AM

Sorry to hear that you're already having some issues with the new bike. Don't think there have been any other reports of quick shifting issues. Odd that it only seems to present itself once you've been riding for awhile. Hopefully the dealer can replicate it.
Notoryus1 likes this.
post #3 of 99 (permalink) Old 06-08-2018, 09:32 AM

Actually the DQS has been another big problem and a potentially dangerous one. If you go to other forums, ducatiforum.com/ducati-v4/, you'll see there is an entire thread on this issue. It's not a full blown recall but many people have been having this issue with multiple repairs. Add it to the list....
Notoryus1 likes this.
post #4 of 99 (permalink) Old 06-08-2018, 05:42 PM Thread Starter

Ok I will check it out, yea it scared the **** out of me because the power cut and came back on so hard!
post #5 of 99 (permalink) Old 06-11-2018, 09:40 AM

A little surprised with the number of complains we've seen around this that Ducati hasn't issued some sort of fix for it yet. As you've demonstrated this kind of issue can be quite dangerous.
post #6 of 99 (permalink) Old 06-12-2018, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notoryus1 View Post
Anyone have any issues with the quickshifter not working up/down? So I picked up my S last Friday and the next day I went to the canyon everything was working great but as I was heading home I noticed the quick shifter would not work up or down. Itís currently set to on up/down. I pulled over and got gas and let the bike cool down and when I took off it was working fine. Bike sat until Wednesday and I went out and everything was fine but about 10 miles into riding the same thing happened but the throttle also cut out momentarily and when it came back almost bucked me off the bike. It will be on its way back to the dealer on Saturday morning to pull the diagnostic to see whatís up:sad:
I have the same isssue after 15-20 riding the Quickshifter quits warming and once bike is off for 10-15 min it starts working again until the next 15-20 min ride.. It has been in the shop since last Tue and they still donít have a remedy for it.. dealership is waiting on the next steps from Ducati. This has a smell of another recall. Not a happy customer here for sure..
post #7 of 99 (permalink) Old 06-13-2018, 11:02 AM

So don't take it out for any longer rides until they indicate a proper fix. I know that's not what you want to hear with a brand new bike, but its better than risking your safety.
post #8 of 99 (permalink) Old 06-22-2018, 02:16 PM

I would disable the QS until there has been a fix for it, its super nice to have the QS but its not a must have, I am sure the V4 will still be plenty of fun to ride without the QS while its being sorted out.

Carm
post #9 of 99 (permalink) Old 06-22-2018, 02:42 PM

The problem in my case when the qiuckshifter stops working all riding modes would also start flashing as well as DTC and ABS. I would rather keep it there than have some sort of mishap with electronics while riding/tracking.. It has been in the workshop since the June 4th and they still do not know a root cause. I am loosing my patience, not a happy camper here.
cavlino likes this.
post #10 of 99 (permalink) Old 06-22-2018, 03:45 PM

Have had my V4s for two weeks and sales guy said there were no recalls for that bike prior to setup. So far the QS is working fine but only a few hundred miles on the bike.
cavlino likes this.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page