Panigale V4 Club banner

new suspension

11K views 15 replies 7 participants last post by  V4srider1989 
#1 · (Edited)
Had enough of my base model suspension, so changed it for Ohlins TTX, alot better you can tell every adjustment, front forks oil changed and set at correct level.
I tested the active suspension did not like it and thought this bike would come with 1/2 decent suspension, but i was wrong.
The suspension guy i used reckoned every base model panigale had crap rear shocks

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Are you talking a base Panigale ? The Panigale S is equipt with ohlins active suspension . Mostly depending on your weight it’s recommended to replace the stock rear spring with a correct size for your individual weight . The Panigale S comes setup with a rock hard rear and a super soft front stock .... it needs to just be properly setup and it’s good to go .

#5 ·
my personal opinion and experience... absolutely; I haven't done it myself yet but I will shortly. They say the spring rate is 95 but have no idea why it's so stiff other than it's not the right spring rate for that weight. I'd say the normal spring on the V4S is more for a 200lb rider with gear.

#6 ·
I’m about the same weight at you maybe a few lbs heavier and I just used Dave moss tuning setup for the suspension and it was a drastic improvement . In the video he does recommend swapping the rear spring . I personally think you can do quite a bit by just removing a lot of the preload on the spring and making the front stiffer. When you balance this bike out more evenly it rides much better . It’s obviously set up from the factory soft as a wet noodle front and stiff as a board in the rear...

#7 ·
Agreed. I'm waiting to pick up my bike this week - it's had the 10W fork oil put in, just waiting for the latest recall & TSB items to be completed.

I'll let you know what I think, maybe even have the bike checked by the local suspension guru at the circuit next time.

Cheers guys

#11 ·
Rear. Replaced it with a 21040-26/85, and used an Ohlins adapter so regular TTX springs could be used instead of the "new" V4 springs. Stock is a 95 N/mm. With the stock spring I had to back the preload ALL the way out and still didn't have any race sag. With the 85, we had about 10-11 threads showing to get proper rear sag. The front was pretty much on for my weight, I don't think we adjusted that at all.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.