V4S down x.X - Ducati Panigale V4 Forum
 2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-07-2018, 11:06 PM Thread Starter

V4S down x.X

Don't let your rear tire get flat... that side stand sits the bike high probably due to that rear tire, and when it goes flat... the bike stands totally upright and can errr WILL tip over

Click image for larger version

Name:	bar.jpg
Views:	199
Size:	176.4 KB
ID:	434

Name:	bars.jpg
Views:	189
Size:	226.8 KB
ID:	436

Name:	side.jpg
Views:	193
Size:	122.4 KB
ID:	438
post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-10-2018, 03:15 AM

I feel for you. Nearly happened to me when I had a rear tyre puncture.
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-10-2018, 09:03 AM

That's a huge bummer, but appreciate the heads up. You going to get it repaired?
post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-10-2018, 01:58 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bikeman View Post
That's a huge bummer, but appreciate the heads up. You going to get it repaired?
always an upside to things... luckily it happened at a shop for the flat repair so their insurance is covering everything. Depending on the payout will look to upgrading things, full carbon fiber would be cheaper than OEM replacements. Going to take a couple days to get the actual amount. I'll post update soon when I find out once things are finalized as I don't want to jump the gun just yet
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-11-2018, 09:03 AM

Glad to hear you wont be responsible for footing the bill, and it sounds like you may actually get some nice upgrades.
playersnoopy likes this.
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-11-2018, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by playersnoopy View Post
always an upside to things... luckily it happened at a shop for the flat repair so their insurance is covering everything. Depending on the payout will look to upgrading things, full carbon fiber would be cheaper than OEM replacements. Going to take a couple days to get the actual amount. I'll post update soon when I find out once things are finalized as I don't want to jump the gun just yet
blessing in disguise
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-19-2018, 01:26 PM Thread Starter

update: $9024 for parts and labor, insurance cut the check yesterday so I should get it later this week. Looking at just under $8k in for parts, looking at full Ilmberger carbon parts, if the price is good that is. Worst case I go w/ the motogp replica plastics. I will post some pics once I do get it repaired completely. Right now priority is just to ride again lol. I'll also try to repair the scratches myself just to see how well I can do it (wish me luck) lol
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-25-2018, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by playersnoopy View Post
update: $9024 for parts and labor, insurance cut the check yesterday so I should get it later this week. Looking at just under $8k in for parts, looking at full Ilmberger carbon parts, if the price is good that is. Worst case I go w/ the motogp replica plastics. I will post some pics once I do get it repaired completely. Right now priority is just to ride again lol. I'll also try to repair the scratches myself just to see how well I can do it (wish me luck) lol

Give us a shout if you want any Ilmberger parts, we are the only stocking USA dealer for them.

Also if you are looking for some stock plastics, check this site out > https://www.jcampfit.com/panigale.html

For all your high end Ducati Panigale V4 needs : www.motomillion.com

Ducati Panigale V4 Carbon Fiber Parts

Forum Discount Code : V4CLUB
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-25-2018, 05:47 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotomillioN View Post
Give us a shout if you want any Ilmberger parts, we are the only stocking USA dealer for them.

Also if you are looking for some stock plastics, check this site out > https://www.jcampfit.com/panigale.html
Ah, too late... already order a full set of Ilmberger, but some of the parts are going to take a while it seems as either they're not finished or something.
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-26-2018, 08:58 AM

Wow did not anticipate the bill being so steep, but I see that you are using the opportunity to upgrade. Hopefully the turn around time isn't too bad.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page