Panigale V4 Club banner

Panigale eats tires for breakfast , lunch , and dinner WTF !!!

15K views 20 replies 11 participants last post by  German4rings 
#1 ·
This is the second set of Pirelli’s I will be replacing with less than 5k on the bike . I love the tires but man they are not great on tire life . I make it a habit of replacing the fronts when the tears are shot . Just a personal preference of mine but . This is the second rear tire that down to the steel belting in the center . Pirelli should really make the centers a little bit more durable . This is getting outta hand . Also , this bike hasn't seen a track day yet . Interested in any ones feedback , personal experience or if anyone has switched to another tire .

#2 ·
Yes, great tyres but very soft. The Corsa II now have the 200/60 rear and should last longer without too much of a performance difference, especially if you are not using your bike on the track. Unfortunately they are not yet available in Australia but they are available in Europe (and perhaps the USA as well).

#4 ·
I bought some Michelin power RS which will be this beasts next victim.... they are going on today and I will report back with updates soon . I like what I hear about these tires as they are a dual compound tire with a harder center ....

#6 ·
Took the Panigale out for a quick spin after a days worth of work ..... New Michelin power RS rubber , some EBC double H pads , new motul oil , and a H & N filter .... all set and done.... will report back in a little bit to give updates but So far the short ride I took felt really good...

#11 ·
German4rings, how were the Michelin Power RS tyres ? I have those on 2 other bikes and think they're great.

Did you get the same sizes ? 200/60 rear ?

I'm also interested to know what you were doing to wear the tyre down to the steel belts in the centre, exactly ? Lots of burnouts ??

#12 ·
I love this Michelin power RS on the Panigale v4s . I was just riding the bike on the streets very aggressively. I do not do burnouts . The Pirelli’s are just super soft and honestly I think they need to update the tire . They do not last at all and it’s just a scam if you ask me . The Michelin’s are a duel compound tire and the centers of the Pirelli are just weak I guess .... I will report back after I eat these Michelin’s up with a mileage update to compare and contrast .... I was feeling like the pirelli would square off way too fast and would leave the bike feeling much harder to turn .

#14 ·
New V3 Pirellis out

New Pirelli V3's out.

The DOT is quite a bit taller then the 200/55 it replaces. and similar to the 200/60 slick, if even a bit taller. More like a 65 series tire.

new V3 slick on the far left. FYI, my Pitbull stand was not tall enough to run the new V3 slick and a tire warmer. Pitbull will need to make adjustments for the new bikes/tires.

William
Santa Cruz, Ca

Attachments

#15 ·
New Pirelli V3's out.

The DOT is quite a bit taller then the 200/55 it replaces. and similar to the 200/60 slick, if even a bit taller. More like a 65 series tire.

new V3 slick on the far left. FYI, my Pitbull stand was not tall enough to run the new V3 slick and a tire warmer. Pitbull will need to make adjustments for the new bikes/tires.

William
Santa Cruz, Ca
Pit bull makes an “elite” stand which allows you to clear the larger rear tire with warmers. I just ordered from them directly and this was the info given to me by them.

#16 ·
I've certainly found this out myself. As of today my bike only has 500 miles on it, and I only use it on the track. COTA is a horsepower hog and two sets of DOT tires were totally overwhelmed by the horsepower this thing has.
After having fun playing with the traction control all morning I could see the brand new Dunlop Q4s were so badly worn they wouldn't survive the rest of the day. I fitted my spare rear wheel with the stock pirelli during the lunch break and it wore just as fast. I had a set of pirelli slicks (medium front & rear) fitted that evening and they survived the following day with enough life left for another 5 track days (at much slower tracks) in the last 3 weeks. They still have about 25% life left, enough for the rest of the season.

Moral of the story - DOT tires cant handle the power. Use a medium compound rear slick and you'll get great traction and good life span. If you're riding this beast on the street, good luck...

Attachments

Reactions: William Ow
#17 ·
This is the second set of Pirelli’s I will be replacing with less than 5k on the bike . I love the tires but man they are not great on tire life . I make it a habit of replacing the fronts when the tears are shot . Just a personal preference of mine but . This is the second rear tire that down to the steel belting in the center . Pirelli should really make the centers a little bit more durable . This is getting outta hand . Also , this bike hasn't seen a track day yet . Interested in any ones feedback , personal experience or if anyone has switched to another tire .

Yep. First world problem. My Monster 1200R chewed right through the OEM Supercorsa in no time and that bike did not have the HP that your Pani has. However, it does have similar torque. I replace the SC two notches down with Rosso 3's.

Why not get a second set of wheels with SC or slicks for the track and mount longer lasting street tires for everyday riding?
I was actually surprised to read that many UK guys are using Sport Touring tires on their Panigale's. Most likely because Supercorsa's suck in bad weather but they're getting a lot more miles out of those also.

#21 ·
I can’t say I miss the stock pirelli tires at all and would honestly have to say the Michelin tires feel better , last longer , and cost less . I’m not one to pick price over performance and I’m happy to report that in this case I don’t have to . Do yourselves a favor and grab a set of these power r/s.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.