New tires at 2400 miles! ❤️❤️ - Ducati Panigale V4 Forum
 3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-16-2018, 08:50 PM Thread Starter

Garage
New tires at 2400 miles! ❤️❤️

I just replaced my stock front and rear pirellis after 2400 miles . I was amazed as to how much better this bike rides now . It was so much smoother and easier to ride . I was amazed as to how much more comfortabe and precise the turning is. I scrubbed in the new set of pirelli’s and almost cleared the entire rear tire from edge to edge on day one and I wasn’t even trying . I decided to put a new front tire in as well but I still had some life left in it .... very happy I did . I would recommend def changing tires in sets . It has made a huge difference .....It was extremely easy to get the bike to turn in again. It was like having a brand new bike again. I think most will agree after you gain some seat time and get a new fresh of rubber this bike justs gets better and better !

grip bars , grab throttle and twist !
post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-18-2018, 09:04 AM

What is the wear like on your stock set of tires after this mileage? It sounds like you've changed them early just to determine what difference it would make with performance.
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-20-2018, 09:00 AM

Did you replace your set with the same model tire? How much did you have to spend on the new rubber?
post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-20-2018, 04:05 PM

how much did you end up paying for your set of tires out the door with install?
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-24-2018, 05:10 PM Thread Starter

Garage
I replaced the tires because I smoked them. Well at least the rear tire ... it had the steel belting in the tires center exposed so I it was time. I spend 469.00 bucks on a new set . I replaced them with the same pirelli tires that came on the bike . I wanted to put a fresh front in as well but I suppose I could have kept using the front tire . But again , the rear was toasted . I guess I just ride aggressively as I expected a little bit more rear tire life as well... my conclusion Leeds me to believe that this panigale v4 just eats tires ....
V4Dream likes this.

post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-24-2018, 05:12 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Also , I did the service work on the tires . Mounted / balanced them and removed them as well. So the 469 was just the cost of the tires . Iím sure it would have been around 100-150 at least for the work if I had the dealership do it

post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-24-2018, 06:32 PM
Super Moderator

Are you just tracking the bike? I'm at a little over 6k miles on original tires and got enough treads for at least another 2k... I'm probably 70% highway/city and 30% backroads, only 1 trip to Tail of the Dragon and all around those parts; with speeds anywhere from speed limit to average 85mph on highways with some pulls here and there up to 180mph but normally no more than 140mph when just speeding. 33.5psi front and 30.5psi rear. I heard some complaints on youtube about tire wear so was weary at first when I got my V4S but after hitting 4k I was very happy with the tire wear.
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-25-2018, 02:42 PM
tyr

He's not out of this realm, I don't track my bike and I went through the first pair of shoes at 3100 miles. Nearing 6k and I'm about ready for another.

Your cruising speed of 85mph, though...yeah I don't do that. I cruise at your speeding "speeds."

I do also wreck Angel GTs on my PP in like 5,000 miles, so it's probably riding style. I've come to not expect much mileage out of my tires on bikes.
playersnoopy likes this.

Last edited by tyr; 09-25-2018 at 02:50 PM.
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-26-2018, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by German4rings View Post
I replaced the tires because I smoked them. Well at least the rear tire ... it had the steel belting in the tires center exposed so I it was time. I spend 469.00 bucks on a new set . I replaced them with the same pirelli tires that came on the bike . I wanted to put a fresh front in as well but I suppose I could have kept using the front tire . But again , the rear was toasted . I guess I just ride aggressively as I expected a little bit more rear tire life as well... my conclusion Leeds me to believe that this panigale v4 just eats tires ....
Interesting to see how this will play as more V4 riders leave feedback and we see a pattern.

Won't be surprised to see large threads on tire options in this respect.
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-26-2018, 07:04 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Agreed . I hope to have more feedback about tire life ........ I canít see how my mileage could be that bad ...

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page