New tires at 2400 miles! ❤️❤️ - Page 2 - Ducati Panigale V4 Forum
 3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-21-2018, 09:10 AM
Super Moderator

If you're riding at track speeds cruising at 140mph on the streets, and getting 3k miles on any tires how can you complain... at the track that's like an entire season for some people. Yes tire wear should be dependent on riding style, conditions and such... I'm sure you could shred these or any tires at the track over a weekend on this bike if you wanted to. If you're shredding Angel GTs then that should give some baseline to others on riding style; and whether their tire wear would be equivalent. So for some reference on my CBR600RR Dunlop Q3s would last me just over 4k miles (not the Q3+), which I think is pretty good for those tires, but began to wear down a lot faster a little after 3k. Once again all street and backroads.
post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-22-2018, 07:23 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by playersnoopy View Post
If you're riding at track speeds cruising at 140mph on the streets, and getting 3k miles on any tires how can you complain... at the track that's like an entire season for some people. Yes tire wear should be dependent on riding style, conditions and such... I'm sure you could shred these or any tires at the track over a weekend on this bike if you wanted to. If you're shredding Angel GTs then that should give some baseline to others on riding style; and whether their tire wear would be equivalent. So for some reference on my CBR600RR Dunlop Q3s would last me just over 4k miles (not the Q3+), which I think is pretty good for those tires, but began to wear down a lot faster a little after 3k. Once again all street and backroads.
All the riding I have done has been on the road with zero track days . I would say I ride the bike aggressively..... I wouldnít think anymore aggressive than anyone else who would buy a bike like this but ? Maybe I got just a bad set Of tires ....

grip bars , grab throttle and twist !
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-23-2018, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by playersnoopy View Post
Are you just tracking the bike? I'm at a little over 6k miles on original tires and got enough treads for at least another 2k... I'm probably 70% highway/city and 30% backroads, only 1 trip to Tail of the Dragon and all around those parts; with speeds anywhere from speed limit to average 85mph on highways with some pulls here and there up to 180mph but normally no more than 140mph when just speeding. 33.5psi front and 30.5psi rear. I heard some complaints on youtube about tire wear so was weary at first when I got my V4S but after hitting 4k I was very happy with the tire wear.
140mph and up to 180mph on the road? Around Sydney even the motorways have speed limits of 110kph (70mph). Where are you located? Sounds like a good place to ride.
post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-25-2018, 07:44 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve View Post
140mph and up to 180mph on the road? Around Sydney even the motorways have speed limits of 110kph (70mph). Where are you located? Sounds like a good place to ride.
I can’t exactly confirm my actual speeds . But a friend of mine who I’m really close with rides a bike very similar to this exact bike and I don’t think he follows the speed limits . I’m astounded that people are posting that they are getting 6k (as in thousand miles ) out of a rear tire. They must be as smooth as Lorenzo riding or they just putt around on this thing ..... I can’t see how anyone would be able to get more then 3-3.5k miles out of the rear on this bike unless you haven’t ridden over 100mph .
tyr likes this.

grip bars , grab throttle and twist !
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-27-2018, 04:11 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by German4rings View Post
I canít exactly confirm my actual speeds . But a friend of mine who Iím really close with rides a bike very similar to this exact bike and I donít think he follows the speed limits . Iím astounded that people are posting that they are getting 6k (as in thousand miles ) out of a rear tire. They must be as smooth as Lorenzo riding or they just putt around on this thing ..... I canít see how anyone would be able to get more then 3-3.5k miles out of the rear on this bike unless you havenít ridden over 100mph .
Well I guess it depends on how often and how long you go over 100mph?
I'll post some videos this past couple months; don't have much footage this season with this new bike, as I haven't mounted all my cameras yet or been recording much. But I do have 1 pull doing 9/10 no gps so can't confirm actual speed but friend racing on the busa said about 185mph. The GT-R short pull was random at night and not that fast. But yes I don't try to spin my tires that much on the streets (also can't do launch control w/ the clutch issues), and speeds are random depending on what I'm doing. But I don't go ridiculously fast all the time and for no reason. Also I like the range of this bike forces me to give the tires a break and my legs from the blistering heat
post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-15-2018, 04:29 PM

Garage
I only got about 120 miles out of the stock set......**** trackdays.....hahaha

www.taylorracing.ca

V4 Racebike
1199s Racebike
996 Streetbike
888 Streetbike
FBF MV Agusta F41000 AMA Superbike
CRF450r Dirtbike
TTR125 Racebike (Minis)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version