Panigale Brakes and Suspension Thread - Ducati Panigale V4 Forum
 7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-22-2017, 01:31 PM Thread Starter

Panigale Brakes and Suspension Thread

Quote:
Suspension comprises a Showa 43mm inverted fork and a cantilevered Sachs shock, both of which are fully adjustable for preload and damping. Brembo supplies the front brakes, twin 330mm rotors, and latest Stylema four-piston calipers.
I don't know what else to say here... In my opinion, this is another proof that Panigale is the best in each and every aspect. This suspension and brakes are one of the best (if not the best) options in the current market. Moreover, these parts are supported by Engine Brake Control EVO and Ducati Electronic Suspension EVO.
post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-22-2017, 07:04 PM

As much as I want ohlins right off the bar, Iím not gonna fork out an extra 6k for the V4S
DarR likes this.
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-24-2018, 09:46 AM

Was reading a few interesting points on OverDrive about the Panigale V4 and it looks like Strappazon's systems will adjust the motorcycle's dampening and suspension over time after learning of your riding habits?

Quote:
Strapazzon explained, "If you brake very hard as a habit, the Ohlins Smart EC 2.0 understands that pattern and can change the damping and suspension characteristics to support the style."
post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-24-2018, 01:21 PM

I might just buy the system in the future before purchasing a new exhaust. So I'll get the base first, equip my wheels already coming in then buy the full ohlins later in the year or next.
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-03-2018, 02:19 AM

Can you install the Ohlins Smart EC 2.0 system after delivery? I would assume it's a factory installed unit and not something you can get an year after delivery.
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-02-2018, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckaty View Post
Can you install the Ohlins Smart EC 2.0 system after delivery? I would assume it's a factory installed unit and not something you can get an year after delivery.
Good question, I'm curious about that too in case I feel the need, I hope I don't though...

Carm
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-02-2018, 11:42 AM

I am sure itís possible but doubt it would be simple since itís integrated into the ECU, inertial sensors, Dash, wiring harnesses, etc...

Probably more cost effective to buy the S as opposed to changing the forks.
cavlino likes this.
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-04-2018, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SixShock View Post
I might just buy the system in the future before purchasing a new exhaust. So I'll get the base first, equip my wheels already coming in then buy the full ohlins later in the year or next.
As much as I like the electronic suspension, it's also a tad rich for my justification. I'm a fan of the V4S forged wheels however. What wheels are you purchasing for your P-V4?
cavlino likes this.

2018 Multistrada 1260 Pikes Peak
2016 Monster 1200 R

2016 Panigale 959 (gone but not forgotten)
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-04-2018, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarR View Post
As much as I like the electronic suspension, it's also a tad rich for my justification. I'm a fan of the V4S forged wheels however. What wheels are you purchasing for your P-V4?
Getting OZ GASS RS-A wheels in Titanium Finish.

Also I most likely will not have the option to retroactively install the electronic ohlins on the bike. Even if it was possible it would most likely be too expensive to be worth it.
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-04-2018, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SixShock View Post
Getting OZ GASS RS-A wheels in Titanium Finish.

Also I most likely will not have the option to retroactively install the electronic ohlins on the bike. Even if it was possible it would most likely be too expensive to be worth it.
The OZ GASS RS-A wheels in Titanium finish are sweet. Anodized gold looks good too.
I was discussing the Ohlins electronic suspension with my dealer yesterday. Even him thinks the "S" is overpriced relative to past "S" for what you're getting. The latest iteration doesn't even have any carbon anywhere.
Same with the 959 Corse. Not much to justify the step-up. Will see how many actually bite.

Were you able to get your 959 back to stock? Did you sell all your after-market goodies?
cavlino likes this.

2018 Multistrada 1260 Pikes Peak
2016 Monster 1200 R

2016 Panigale 959 (gone but not forgotten)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page