oem brake pad lifespan - Ducati Panigale V4 Forum
 5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-24-2018, 11:16 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

oem brake pad lifespan

How many miles are you guys getting on your stock brake pads? I'm on the V4S and at around 5200 miles in like 10 weeks and going to need new ones real soon; also noticed the rotors getting little burned heat spots here and there. I ride mainly street, occasionally brake hard but not always, tail brake only when going fast enough.
post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-26-2018, 05:37 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by playersnoopy View Post
How many miles are you guys getting on your stock brake pads? I'm on the V4S and at around 5200 miles in like 10 weeks and going to need new ones real soon; also noticed the rotors getting little burned heat spots here and there. I ride mainly street, occasionally brake hard but not always, tail brake only when going fast enough.
5000 miles seems pretty standard on what I have seen in the past for my superbikes . 1098s and 1199s. Not sure what other people experience has been but I think your mileage is inline with “normal” wear and tear for mileage. How about your tires ?what did you get out of the rear tire ?
playersnoopy likes this.

grip bars , grab throttle and twist !
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-28-2018, 09:01 AM

That's fairly typical mileage on a factory set of pads, especially on bikes of this caliber. Don't really know if there are any aftermarket options yet that may have a longer lifetime.
playersnoopy likes this.
post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-19-2018, 06:11 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by German4rings View Post
5000 miles seems pretty standard on what I have seen in the past for my superbikes . 1098s and 1199s. Not sure what other people experience has been but I think your mileage is inline with “normal” wear and tear for mileage. How about your tires ?what did you get out of the rear tire ?
Tire wear is phenomenal so far; 6900 miles and almost due for a change on the rear, like I said mainly street riding some backroads on the weekend rides. The way I ride I can definitely see 8000 miles out of the rear. I'm basing change requirement based on the manual (2mm from tread depth), and not necessarily to the wear bar, as the wear bar does not seem to be 2mm (correct me if I'm wrong). If I were to go to the wear bar I'd say at least 8k miles. Sides would be dependent on how often I go backroads and use up the sides, but I ride this is a daily commuter plus weekend bike right now. Which is why I'm asking about the brakes, as I would like it to be closer to the lifespan of the tires for me.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-22-2018, 07:13 PM

Garage
Well, I guess either I’m a terribly aggressive rider or I just got a terrible set of these Pirelli tires on the bike stock. But like I said I got 2500 miles out of the rear and it was down to the steel belting .... my front brake pads are now in about time to be replaced I have about 3500 miles on the bike.
playersnoopy likes this.

grip bars , grab throttle and twist !
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-22-2018, 07:37 PM

If anyone here has looked into aftermarket brake pad options I would be interested in hearing what you're more likely to get.
playersnoopy likes this.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-25-2019, 12:05 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by V4Dream View Post
If anyone here has looked into aftermarket brake pad options I would be interested in hearing what you're more likely to get.
Finding aftermarket pads for the V4 has become a bit difficult.

Vesrah sells pads the part# number is VD-9031JL these are sintered (semi-metalic) These are exact fit for a 55.00 (pair)

I prefer EBC but finding the proper part number is not easy. I'm also focusing on the HH sintered pads. The two part numbers I've found are FA447HH and EPFA188HH. The HH identifies them as sintered.
I want to switch pads because I don't like the initial bite of the Brembo pads.
Let me know how your research goes.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-25-2019, 06:20 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

I liked the OEM pads, but I preferred the hard initial bite. I'm trying SBS street pads on my V4S, so far so good, less of an initial bite than OEM but haven't had a chance to really test them out right now due to weather. I chose these for now because I wanted longevity (still unknown as of now) and close to OEM replacement and not race performance.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-26-2019, 06:05 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by playersnoopy View Post
I liked the OEM pads, but I preferred the hard initial bite. I'm trying SBS street pads on my V4S, so far so good, less of an initial bite than OEM but haven't had a chance to really test them out right now due to weather. I chose these for now because I wanted longevity (still unknown as of now) and close to OEM replacement and not race performance.
Sintered SBS pads?
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-27-2019, 05:50 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlpretzel View Post
Sintered SBS pads?
yes sintered not the dual carbon race pads

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page