oem brake pad lifespan - Page 2 - Ducati Panigale V4 Forum
 5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-02-2019, 10:31 AM

Garage
Replacement pads are again really dependent on who and what you ride mostly .... if youíre just riding the bike on the streets and donít intend on doing any track days or racing I would suggest oem pads or an oem equivalent. If you want to try something different from the Bremboís maybe check out the EBC pads. If you get up above into semi metallic or carbon (race) pads you have to understand that they do not work as easily as an OEM style pads and need to be heated up to work properly . If you decide to run these be aware that if youíre street riding you may be caught off guard in situations where your brakes are cold and you need them and they just donít function as you may think they will . I would learn to swap brake pads yourself as itís really not that hard. If your doing a track event once in a while you could either swap to a race pad depending on what level rider you are. My best advice would be thinking about the majority of where you ride your bike and get a pad thatís best for that type of riding .

grip bars , grab throttle and twist !
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-18-2019, 01:54 PM

Im in the process to replace the stock pads. I find them fine for the street but I want more bite, feel and power on the track, which I primarily use my V4 on.
I found with the stock brakes that the lever travels grows after a few laps.
I am thinking the EBC EPFA or even the GPFAX (for pure track).
The EBC EPFA was a nice improvement of on 2015 BMW S1000RR over the standard EBC HH I used prior. The extra bite and power was just what I needed at the track. So would the GPFAX even better?

I have smaller hands and want one finger braking for maximum control and feedback. So I hate level travel or delay in braking.
I am also thinking of the newer BREMBO 19RCS CORSA CORTA radial master cylinder. This should eliminate or be able to adjust any play.

William
Santa Cruz
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-21-2019, 02:07 AM

I just picked up a set of EBC GPFAX pads at the track today from the EBC rep. They are the same pad fitment for the 1299 Panigale.
We were pushing a fast pace and the stock brake were becoming a bit lacking.

I hope to fit and see how the new pads perform.

William
Santa Cruz
SixShock likes this.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page