• 1 Post By playersnoopy
  • 1 Post By simplythebest
  • 1 Post By Bikeman
  • 1 Post By German4rings
  • 1 Post By burton

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-04-2018, 05:05 AM Thread Starter

Do need a new tune /flash

I'm getting my V4s soon with the Akra full system.
The sales guy says it includes a ecu flash bu Ducati specifically for the Alra system.

The only other performance mod I am looking at is a BMC race air filter.

So I have 2 questions (Since thisis my first Ducati)

1. How much difference do race air filters make compared to the normal
2. if I do put it, will I need a reflash?

Thanks for the help!
post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-04-2018, 06:46 AM
Super Moderator

I can only speak on #1... but basically air/oil filters for performance gain basically reduce the actual filtering so it can just let more air in. On the Panigale lineup I've heard wonders with some of the air filters but realistically it can't be more than say 0.5% to 1% gain in hp; but unless I was actually racing competitively I would never see the benefit of the small performance gain for the wear and tear on the bike itself but I guess all those small hp gain adds up especially when talking about bikes. I prefer oem filters for the most part; except for my older cars (as new oil filters allow my oil to last 3x longer than oem).

Question on your Akra system... will the bike still be covered under warranty if anything happens w/ the system? I was at the shop with an engine code and they said if I installed any aftermarket parts that caused it then it wouldn't be covered. Was just curious.
simplythebest likes this.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-04-2018, 07:41 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by playersnoopy View Post
Question on your Akra system... will the bike still be covered under warranty if anything happens w/ the system? I was at the shop with an engine code and they said if I installed any aftermarket parts that caused it then it wouldn't be covered. Was just curious.
Good point. Its being installed by the dealer who's delivering my bike. I should ask and also make sure I don't sign any disclaimers etc.
Thanks
playersnoopy likes this.
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-04-2018, 09:45 AM

I wouldn't imagine that you'd need another tune simply for a performance filter. I think the changes in hp will be relatively negligible, but I would imagine that you'll notice a difference in sound/response. That's pretty sweet that it comes pre tuned for the aftermarket system.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-05-2018, 10:39 PM

Garage
I would assume the Akropavic system will come with a performance filter . Iím just guessing but I wouldnít be surprised if it was included in the exhaust kit .

grip bars , grab throttle and twist !
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-06-2018, 12:19 AM

The speciale comes with a Sprint air filter, so if you are going to swap out the filter you may be better off going with Sprint.

I assume that the reflash that is supplied with the Akra is the same reflash that is supplied with the ďracingĒ kit that the speciale comes with.

Warranty shouldnít be affected as the Akra isnít really an aftermarket product but more of a manufacturer accessory. It is listed in Ducatiís parts catalog and is delivered with the speciale.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page