ABS sensor problem - Ducati Panigale V4 Forum
 2Likes
  • 1 Post By Tommyboy
  • 1 Post By Duckaty

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-15-2018, 09:08 AM Thread Starter

ABS sensor problem

I frequent other Ducati forums as well and on one particular site, someone mentioned that their brakes let off and reapplied itself even though pressure on the lever was constant. Seems like the front ABS sensor's wire came loose and rubbed on the tire. Best to give your brackets that hold the wires a check just to make sure nothing is loose because the original poster almost got thrown off their V4 when this happened.
post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-15-2018, 09:48 AM

Well I hope that issue is a one off and not something to expect as a fault in production. At least it seems like a quick and simple fix, but it certainly wouldn't be good for new owners to be getting injured and dropping their brand new bikes. I suppose we didn't hear anything about this in early previews or anything, so it was likely just overlooked by the dealer.
SixShock likes this.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-16-2018, 09:01 AM Thread Starter

Think it happened to two owners as far as I know, so they could have both been from the dame batch or this could become a widespread problem that's worthy of at least a notification from the dealer instead of finding out the hard way. Maybe something to bring up when you pic up your bike, just to make sure everything is seated.
SixShock likes this.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page