Battery tender - Ducati Panigale V4 Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By playersnoopy

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-15-2019, 04:41 PM Thread Starter

Battery tender

Has anyone attached the connector to their bikes for a battery tender. With so little space Iím trying to figure out how to leave one on the bike without taking off the seat each time. Pictures would help. Thanks in advance.
post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-15-2019, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by themightye View Post
Has anyone attached the connector to their bikes for a battery tender. With so little space I’m trying to figure out how to leave one on the bike without taking off the seat each time. Pictures would help. Thanks in advance.
You can connect a charger to the DDA plug under the seat. The lead that Tecmate sell is compatible with the Ducati recommended "Skyrich" charger or an Optimate lithium charger. I have routed the tender lead up into the compartment under the seat hump to save me having to unbolt the seat to gain access to it. As and when the dealer needs to connect your bike to diagnostics they simply unplug the charging/tender lead from the DDA plug on the loom and plug their computer in. When finished just remind them to reconnect the charging lead to the DDA plug afterwards before they replace the seat. If you wish to mount the lead into the compartment under the seat hump/pad, you will need to remove the pillion strap and then the seat compartment itself to raise it off the subframe just enough to feed the lead through the holes where the strap bolts through to the subframe.

Check here for pictures of my install and hope this helps.

https://www.facebook.com/V4SUnica/ph...type=3&theater

Oh and this is the lead you will need

Last edited by topolino; 07-15-2019 at 06:53 PM.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-15-2019, 08:14 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by topolino View Post
You can connect a charger to the DDA plug under the seat. The lead that Tecmate sell is compatible with the Ducati recommended "Skyrich" charger or an Optimate lithium charger. I have routed the tender lead up into the compartment under the seat hump to save me having to unbolt the seat to gain access to it. As and when the dealer needs to connect your bike to diagnostics they simply unplug the charging/tender lead from the DDA plug on the loom and plug their computer in. When finished just remind them to reconnect the charging lead to the DDA plug afterwards before they replace the seat. If you wish to mount the lead into the compartment under the seat hump/pad, you will need to remove the pillion strap and then the seat compartment itself to raise it off the subframe just enough to feed the lead through the holes where the strap bolts through to the subframe.

Check here for pictures of my install and hope this helps.

Oh and this is the lead you will need

Freaking awesome response to my post. I have the exact part, thanks to you itís looks like I have a solution. I saw the pictures, awesome and thanks...
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-15-2019, 08:49 PM
Super Moderator

I use my 3amp charger/maintainer to the SAE plug the bike comes w/ and works fine.
themightye likes this.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-15-2019, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Freaking awesome response to my post. I have the exact part, thanks to you itís looks like I have a solution. I saw the pictures, awesome and thanks...
You're welcome, glad to be of help.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-15-2019, 09:20 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by playersnoopy View Post
I use my 3amp charger/maintainer to the SAE plug the bike comes w/ and works fine.
My bike did not come with a SAE connector. I asked and theyíd said there was no space for it.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-15-2019, 10:20 PM

Quote:
My bike did not come with a SAE connector. I asked and they’d said there was no space for it.
An SAE connector is a generic name for the type of connector Ducati use on their wiring looms. If you buy the lead I linked you to earlier, it will connect straight onto your DDA plug (SAE connector) under your seat, no problem. If your dealer tells you otherwise he is talking nonsense! There is plenty of space, trust me.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-16-2019, 05:58 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
My bike did not come with a SAE connector. I asked and theyíd said there was no space for it.
Interesting; maybe it's just for the V4S with the lithium battery?

But check your owner's manual for the one under the seat.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page