Oil level on sight glass - Ducati Panigale V4 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-30-2019, 09:35 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Oil level on sight glass

Has anyone done an oil change ? Iím just learning now that it seems like the dealership that did my 500 mile service put too much oil in my bike . Iím going off of the sight glass on the side of the bike . Unless this bike is different the two lines on the sight glass is where the oil level should be. The bottom line being Min level and the top line being max where the oil level should be at when the bike has been sitting for a few hrs. I removed almost a quart of oil to get it down to the max level ... anyone look at the oil level on their bikes to see where itís been sitting at cold ?

grip bars , grab throttle and twist !
post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-31-2019, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by German4rings View Post
Has anyone done an oil change ? Iím just learning now that it seems like the dealership that did my 500 mile service put too much oil in my bike . Iím going off of the sight glass on the side of the bike . Unless this bike is different the two lines on the sight glass is where the oil level should be. The bottom line being Min level and the top line being max where the oil level should be at when the bike has been sitting for a few hrs. I removed almost a quart of oil to get it down to the max level ... anyone look at the oil level on their bikes to see where itís been sitting at cold ?
when i do my oil changes i keep the oil level right at the max line or slightly below it. it only takes 3 quarts and about 4 ounces
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-01-2019, 12:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bisogna View Post
when i do my oil changes i keep the oil level right at the max line or slightly below it. it only takes 3 quarts and about 4 ounces
Jeez, you've been reading my mail. 😁

This bike takes a LONG time for the oil to drain to the sump, .... like overnight for an accurate reading.

And yes, about 3 quarts and two ounces for mine.

2008 S4RS Tricolore
2008 848>1040 (track)
2011 MTS S-Touring
2014 1199S Panigale (track)
2018 V4S Panigale (track)
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-02-2019, 05:47 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Thanks guys! Obviously my dealership didnít take the time to wait for the oil level to read correctly for the first service and just hastily filled it would be my guess . Another reason why I donít like to have anyone work on my bike .

grip bars , grab throttle and twist !
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-02-2019, 07:12 PM

Anyone else besides me having difficulty reading the oil level? I find it very hard to see especially since the sight glass is partially obscured by the fairing.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page