Oil change, whos using what ? - Ducati Panigale V4 Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By playersnoopy

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-30-2019, 09:09 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Oil change, whos using what ?

Has anyone changed the oil in this beast yet ? Im looking at doing mine at 5k and I see k&n makes a filter which looks much better than factory paper Ducati filter for half the price. Also , if anyone has done this service did you use the shell advance 4t 15-50? Any feedback would be appreciated .

grip bars , grab throttle and twist !
post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-31-2019, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by German4rings View Post
Has anyone changed the oil in this beast yet ? Im looking at doing mine at 5k and I see k&n makes a filter which looks much better than factory paper Ducati filter for half the price. Also , if anyone has done this service did you use the shell advance 4t 15-50? Any feedback would be appreciated .
i went with the oem ducati filter,i dont trust k&n even on cars etc. the oil i used is motul 300v 15-50. i can tell the difference with the motul because it shifts with alot less effort on the shifter, at least thats what my foots says lol
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-01-2019, 12:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bisogna View Post
i went with the oem ducati filter,i dont trust k&n even on cars etc. the oil i used is motul 300v 15-50. i can tell the difference with the motul because it shifts with alot less effort on the shifter, at least thats what my foots says lol
Yup, that's exactly what I use too.

2008 S4RS Tricolore
2008 848>1040 (track)
2011 MTS S-Touring
2014 1199S Panigale (track)
2018 V4S Panigale (track)
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-02-2019, 05:50 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Ok thanks . Im using the motul as well. Why no trust in the k&n oil filter ? They seem like such a better quality material then the paper oem Ducati filter . I welcome the feedback .

post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-02-2019, 05:37 PM

k&n oil filters do not get good reviews from what i have read,not the greatest quality but who knows. i dont trust them anyway
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-02-2019, 05:41 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by bisogna View Post
k&n oil filters do not get good reviews from what i have read,not the greatest quality but who knows. i dont trust them anyway
So have you checked out the paper stock Ducati filter or have you ever had any personal experience with any k &n product ? Or are you just reading “ reviews” online . I’m not trying to be smart I’m just asking for transparency because their air filter game is on point so ?! Please let me know I’m interested . Thanks !

post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-02-2019, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by German4rings View Post
So have you checked out the paper stock Ducati filter or have you ever had any personal experience with any k &n product ? Or are you just reading reviews online . Im not trying to be smart Im just asking for transparency because their air filter game is on point so ?! Please let me know Im interested . Thanks !
i use the stock ducati oil filter in my bike. i have used k&n air filters in a few cars and trucks and in one bike. i think champion makes their oil filters.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-02-2019, 11:10 PM
Super Moderator

I use stock filter... I guess it depends on what you want and your service intervals... The manual has 7500 oil changes with OEM stuff; so I stick w/ the stock filter because it probably filters better than most "racing" filters. I put high miles on mine so prefer lasting stuff over performance. Also I use Shell Advanced yes.
bisogna likes this.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page