A cheaper, detuned V4 engine in the works - Ducati Panigale V4 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-14-2018, 09:15 AM Thread Starter

A cheaper, detuned V4 engine in the works

Ducati just announced that they will be offering a cheaper V4 engine to be placed in other models across their lineup. Due to the longer assembly time for this engine, we know it wont be offered on any middleweight bike. That leaves three options, a new V4 Multistrada, a larger sports tourer or a four cylinder supernaked.
post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-14-2018, 03:44 PM

tourer's are in these days, regardless where I look there always a well known brand offering them and more than in past years, biggest wake up call was over the last few years of motorcycle shows.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-14-2018, 03:52 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by V4Dream View Post
tourer's are in these days, regardless where I look there always a well known brand offering them and more than in past years, biggest wake up call was over the last few years of motorcycle shows.
"Worldwide, sales of all different segments of Ducati bikes were in the red, except for the SuperSport and Superbike categories, which saw significant growth. These models witnessed a growth of 29 per cent, with 7,683 units sold across the world in the first six months of 2018. The second quarter of this year also revealed significant growth in these models. The new Ducati Panigale V4 is considered the driving sales behind the growth in sales, as well as the Multistrada 1260."
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-15-2018, 09:14 AM

I really don't see a whole lot of Mulstrada's on the road, as I think they are way more popular over in Europe. I had a feeling that this was just the beginning of the V4. I could see there being a lot of interest in a cheaper entry level option.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page