Note: My bike was delayed because I specified the full Akrapovic and I knew that goin' in.
I read you and we're on the same page.
Sent to my dealer this evening:
I think I have made it clear that I will not accept this motorcycle in its current (28/04/2018) configuration.
Why is that?
Because this not the motorcycle I ordered six months ago and it is not the motorcycle I saw at the Vancouver bike show.
How can we fix this?
I see several alternatives:
(1) 1st choice.
I put this question to my service manager, "With the Ducati Performance software installed will it run on all of the cylinders all of the time".
He has not yet responded but know he's working on it.
(2) Flash it back to the way it was when I ordered it. Sadly, that is not an option. Why? Because some bright spark at Volkswagen (owner of Audi and Ducati) decided it would be a brilliant idea to come up with illegal software designed to defeat pollution testing. I believe it has cost them $2 billion USD and counting? Thanks for that, guys. 🙄
(3) Buy the $669.00 USD + tax Rexxer User kit. Sadly, this kit is not yet available for the V4 - yet. Interestingly, this kit works wonderfully on my MTS and 1199S track bike.
(4) Write two lines of computer code that would allow us to turn this function off.
This would cost about $2.43 and totally fix the problem. Gosh, my wife’s little Mercedes station wagon and her Audi both have this EXACT SAME FUNCTION.
Also, I discussed this matter with my friend ****** (track mate) who has a whole bunch of bikes (including BMW’s, Ducatis and Aprilias), and a Porsche GT4, and a Ferrari, and several BMWs, etc. Oh, and his wife drives a drop-dead gorgeous Mercedes. Interestingly, ALL of his machines have the option of turning things like “kill the engine when you stop" - OFF
Then I spoke with my friend M*** who owns one of Canada’s largest motorcycle museums. His collection includes a bunch of Ducatis including some really iconic ones. Oh, and his daily driver is a 9**. In fact, I’ll be over to his shop tomorrow morning to set up the suspension on his newest Ducati track bike. But I digress. M***'s response? “Are they out of their minds?"
I surveyed 14 of my fellow Ducatisti (including R**** and M*** mentioned above).
They are all track or riding buddies and all own Ducati(s) and lots of other bikes.
Their reaction - to a man - was IDENTICAL
(1) “Ha hah ha, funny guy, … Jerry always likes to joke around.”
(2) I said, “No, this real - AND IT IS NOT AN OPTION”
(3) EVERY single person had the same reaction. UTTER DISBELIEF
. “There’s no way Ducati would do ever do something this f***ing stupid!”
(thank you, J-M), ……. or variants thereof.
(4) “Jer, you're getting old and stupid, Ducati must have a way to turn this thing off”
(5) To which I replied, “No - IT IS MANDATORY."
Then I sent the general manger this:
"And if this deal goes totally off the rails ... please donate my deposit to the charity of your choice."