What to love or hate about the 2018+ Ducati Panigale V4? - Page 3 - Ducati Panigale V4 Forum
 28Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 46 (permalink) Old 07-31-2018, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by themightye View Post
The heat coming from the bike is terrible. My friends on 11 and 1299ís tell me Iíll get used to it. The clutch became soft really quickly, leading to a dealership visit. They bled the line, and when I asked, was told the bike in traffic will lead to air in the line. I guess I should stay out of traffic then...
I'd love to hear the explanation for that one.
post #22 of 46 (permalink) Old 07-31-2018, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdkerner View Post
I don't like that I don't have mine yet. Order late last year and dealer keeps pushing the date of expected delivery forward. First it was May, then June; then July, now August.... A Speciale so I know it's not their fault. Just sayin.'
I saw one in person at the dealer yesterday. It will be worth it
post #23 of 46 (permalink) Old 08-10-2018, 10:11 AM
VPS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommyboy View Post
Have any owners noticed less heat generation from aftermarket systems? Surely new piping positions would have an impact on what's felt by the rider.
Breaking in my V4.
Two years ago, heat was the reason I didnít buy a 1299.
This bike has the Akrapovic titanium exhaust. Heat has not been an issue during my break in miles.
There is lots of ventilation space between the exhaust and seat. I believe the different piping position reduces heat.
I wear cycle specific jeans that have a bit more insulation than an every day jean.
So far, no heat concerns.

Only option I miss is cruise control to give the throttle hand a break on longer rides.

Great bike! 👍
Panzer07 likes this.
post #24 of 46 (permalink) Old 08-14-2018, 12:51 PM

Garage
The bike is great .... love the ride and the power is smooth .... would be nice to get through all the little bugs and recalls. The dealer visits are the worst part. This is a bike that you need to be able to work on yourself . I would recommend learning how to do basic stuff if you plan on owning one of these . Recommended service skills would include brake and clutch flush and bleed , chain cleaning and adjustment , and oil changes .... if not you will probably be visiting the dealer a lot and may have to spend some $$. Watch some vids and buy some tools and get comfortable wrenching on this thing... as I have found the little things on this bike make a huge difference as to how it’s performing . Something as little as a loose chain makes a huge difference in how this thing rides. I guess it’s the downside to all the electronic tech on her .
BeneWright and winnie like this.

grip bars , grab throttle and twist !
post #25 of 46 (permalink) Old 08-15-2018, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VPS View Post
Breaking in my V4.
Two years ago, heat was the reason I didnít buy a 1299.
This bike has the Akrapovic titanium exhaust. Heat has not been an issue during my break in miles.
There is lots of ventilation space between the exhaust and seat. I believe the different piping position reduces heat.
I wear cycle specific jeans that have a bit more insulation than an every day jean.
So far, no heat concerns.

Only option I miss is cruise control to give the throttle hand a break on longer rides.

Great bike! 👍
How loud is the akra vs the stock pipes? I am tempted, but 5k + install is so much money.
Panzer07 likes this.
post #26 of 46 (permalink) Old 08-15-2018, 11:20 PM
VPS

Quote:
Originally Posted by spinkick View Post
How loud is the akra vs the stock pipes? I am tempted, but 5k + install is so much money.
The Akrapovic is loud but in a ďlook out, here I comeĒ kind of way. The ďtommy gunĒ sound is greater with the after market exhaust.
When warmed up and idling at a light, I believe the computer cuts back to two cylinders so itís a bit quieter then.
Itís been a while since Iíve heard a stock exhaust so canít compare directly but I do really like the sound of the Akrapovic. I think thereís less under seat heat with the Akrapovic piping.

It is an expensive option so enjoying the bike with the stock exhaust will provide time to ponder, and give time for suppliers to develop other accessories that may be more appealing to you.
BeneWright and spinkick like this.
post #27 of 46 (permalink) Old 08-28-2018, 11:39 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panzer07 View Post
Just got my v4S Panigale and love everything about except for the heat coming from engine and exhaust, on a hot day its brutal! I also have a 2016 Tuono 1100 so I know a thing or two about hot headed Italians. Only have 200 miles on new v4s and hope the heat gets better after engine is fully broken in, anybody else ride there bike in 90 degree heat?
Only have 80 miles on my new v4, I ride in the 100 degree heat once and I felt my legs are burning, especially when I stopped at the traffic light, I felt I was in the ****.
Panzer07 likes this.
post #28 of 46 (permalink) Old 08-28-2018, 11:41 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by spinkick View Post
me too, I really want to hear the truly sound not from the video before I purchase the AK exhaust.
post #29 of 46 (permalink) Old 10-04-2018, 07:06 AM

I've done nearly 1000 miles on my V4S and I can't say I've had an issue with the heat. I wear full leathers and don't notice any heat, either through the seat or on my legs. This opinion comes from not only riding around town but also includes a 2 day, 500 mile boys weekend trip riding hard alongside sports cars. I went out with a pair of kevlar bike jeans on for a short ride, and yep at that point I felt the heat at that point, so obvious suggestion is to wear leathers.

I don't see it mentioned much, but the mirror vibration is truly awful, in my experience to an almost unusable level - when I do see it mentioned it's often disregarded as an unnecessary issue, but I value my mirrors for safety as I'm sure others do. I don't like bar end mirrors so if anyone has a recommendation on aftermarket mirrors I'd appreciate it.

Other observations are low speed riding off 1st gear through towns sub 20/30mph is hard work, got to ride the clutch a lot to keep it smooth. A 'Ducati-ism' that I had on my monster and 748 back in the day so no real surprise.

In every other respect this bike is amazing.
oleary likes this.
post #30 of 46 (permalink) Old 10-04-2018, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pannizzle View Post
I've done nearly 1000 miles on my V4S and I can't say I've had an issue with the heat. I wear full leathers and don't notice any heat, either through the seat or on my legs. This opinion comes from not only riding around town but also includes a 2 day, 500 mile boys weekend trip riding hard alongside sports cars. I went out with a pair of kevlar bike jeans on for a short ride, and yep at that point I felt the heat at that point, so obvious suggestion is to wear leathers.

I don't see it mentioned much, but the mirror vibration is truly awful, in my experience to an almost unusable level - when I do see it mentioned it's often disregarded as an unnecessary issue, but I value my mirrors for safety as I'm sure others do. I don't like bar end mirrors so if anyone has a recommendation on aftermarket mirrors I'd appreciate it.

Other observations are low speed riding off 1st gear through towns sub 20/30mph is hard work, got to ride the clutch a lot to keep it smooth. A 'Ducati-ism' that I had on my monster and 748 back in the day so no real surprise.

In every other respect this bike is amazing.
I've heard that Rizoma make mirrors with built-in indicators especially for the V4 which are supposed to be excellent.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page