Andrea Dovizioso rejects first contract in MotoGP - Ducati Panigale V4 Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Duckaty

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-26-2018, 09:21 AM Thread Starter

Andrea Dovizioso rejects first contract in MotoGP

I don't know how many of you follow MotoGP, but Ducati's main rider just recently rejected the first contract extension offer. Dovizioso, has won 7 of the last 16 races, and currently is in the lead of the 2018 standings. Its not all that surprising that he isn't impressed with their offers thus far as his current deal is understood to be worth under €2million. Especially when compared to the €12-million salary of his championship-winning team-mate Jorge Lorenzo - who has come nowhere near matching the Italian's front running form.
post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-26-2018, 10:33 AM

I thought they would be offering him way more money with so many wins under his belt last season. Maybe lower Lorenzo's salary and give some to Dovizioso. Didn't think Ducati would cheap out and only offer the man Ä2million to re-sign. I'd look elsewhere if I was Dovizioso.
DarR likes this.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-27-2018, 09:16 AM

I don't know why they are acting like money is so tight, when imo they are grossly overpaying Lorenzo. I know Dovizioso has also been in talks with Honda and Suzuki, so Ducati needs to make sure their greed doesn't cost them a winning rider.
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-27-2018, 10:34 AM

Didn't they pay Dovizioso around Ä2million last year as well? So Ducati isn't even giving the poor man a raise in spite of his outstanding performance.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page