Is the V4S worth the price bump? - Page 2 - Ducati Panigale V4 Forum
 2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-02-2018, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scootir View Post
So in the end the dealer would let me test the stock V4 but not the S. I decided to get the S figuring that on the rough Texas highways the electronic suspension would pay off. So far I think I overbought. At least for the first few hundred miles on road, really can't say I can appreciate much difference between the two. I think you had the best advice - just wish I'd seen the comment before buying.
Dunno 'bout that.

The V4S with stock settings is a bit underwhelming but changes to both Dynamic and Fixed modes will change the ride and handling A LOT.

Also, on public roads I change riding modes between rough and smooth pavement. It works a treat!

PM me if you want some numbers or go to Dave Moss's site.

2008 S4RS Tricolore
2008 848>1040 (track)
2011 MTS S-Touring
2014 1199S Panigale (track)
2018 V4S Panigale (track)
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-02-2019, 11:33 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scootir View Post
Hey folks - Going to pull the trigger on my V4 in a couple of days and would love to know the opinion of forum members. I'm a moderately experienced rider who will realistically ride the bike mostly on the street. As owners, do you feel the S spec would even be appreciated on the street or is it simply taking overkill to an even further limit? Thanks much! So excited to join this party!
If you can afford it get the S get it. I'm about 60% track 40% road. I put the suspension in a race dynamic setup for the track and a street dynamic setup for the road. The road suspension is plush and pretty darn comfortable. I have an SWMOTECH tankbag to lean on which takes the weight off my wrists. Makes for a pretty good street ride.
I hope the 2019 models have all the recalls taken care off during manufacture. You may want to do some research just in case.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page