V4 or V4S SixShock?
post #12 of 32 (permalink) Old 03-05-2018, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichRace View Post
V4 or V4S SixShock?
whoops that was V4 only.
post #13 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-30-2018, 07:33 PM

Garage
I payed 26805 plus sales tax out the door . Just play hard to get and pin one dealer against another . The bikes are out there and are available . Plus summer time is coming and dealers want to start moving these . If you pay sticker price plus setup and other fees you either have no patience or are a sucker ...
18 panigale v4s
post #14 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-12-2018, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by German4rings View Post
I payed 26805 plus sales tax out the door . Just play hard to get and pin one dealer against another . The bikes are out there and are available . Plus summer time is coming and dealers want to start moving these . If you pay sticker price plus setup and other fees you either have no patience or are a sucker ...
18 panigale v4s
If you don't mind me asking, which dealer was this at. I'm in the San Francisco Bay Area and dealers here are adamant that they aren't willing to deal on the v4's yet.

Thanks!
post #15 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-15-2018, 12:01 AM

Garage
If your willing to do some driving to save some money you would have to spend a day in the truck. My advice would be call a few dealers who have them and pin them against each other . I had no problem getting a 1400 off sticker with no setup , freight Ect . Just have to play hardball. Let me know if I can be of any more help. Some dealers in Colorado were aggressive with some pricing . It look some email and some phone calls and about a week of dicking around but I got the deal done .

grip bars , grab throttle and twist !
post #16 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-15-2018, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by German4rings View Post
If your willing to do some driving to save some money you would have to spend a day in the truck. My advice would be call a few dealers who have them and pin them against each other . I had no problem getting a 1400 off sticker with no setup , freight Ect . Just have to play hardball. Let me know if I can be of any more help. Some dealers in Colorado were aggressive with some pricing . It look some email and some phone calls and about a week of dicking around but I got the deal done .
Thanks, yeah. Iíve been emailing and calling around CA and Oregon but I may try out in CO now based on this advice. I think saving near $4k ($2300 in setup/freight and $1400 on MSRP) is absolutely worth a dirt biking trip to CO in the Sprinter. Haha.
post #17 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-16-2018, 10:44 PM

Just thought I'd update on my findings. I scoured the country. Called and emailed just about every dealer between Texas and California and learned a few things.

One.

Setup and freight charges vary by hundreds. I think this is a good way to just rule out the shady dealers. Cheapest I found out west was $550 for freight and just under $400 for setup.

Two.

They seem to want you to buy the V4S over the V4. My guess is for two, potentially obvious, reasons. One, the v4s's are easier to get so if they are going to deal they'd rather make less on the easier one to replace. Two, the profit margins are better. Ducati seems to operate on the model of the more you sell the more you get so there is motivation for dealers to sell a bike this week for less.

Three.

Even dealers in CA will deal if that's what you want. They seem to all accept reasonable offers if you tell them you are ready to buy today. I think the reason here is that while the interest is very high on this bike they are somewhat cost prohibitive. That means either people take a long time to come up with the money, to make the final decision or what have you. I've also been told about quite a few deposits being refunded maybe for similar reasons or the deposits were left before the MSRP was announced. So get the money together and be ready to pull the trigger.

Four.

If you are price motivated just call around. I was skeptical at first. I called many dealers and told them I read people were getting deals and asked what they could do. Some were kind and said no, not us. Some were hesitant. One down right gave me a better price than I was even thinking. And even one guy in AZ chewed me out and called me 4 times after I quickly said I had to go and hung up on him mid rant about how I was crazy and that bike is in such high demand, etc, etc.

Five.

In the end I found 5 dealers who all landed around the same price. I think it's a very fair price for both sides. That price is $27k OTD before tax. Above sounds like German4rings got a similar price at $26,800 OTD. There will be differences in DMV fees.

Happy Hunting. I hope this post helps someone like me who was on the wrong side of the fence when quoted $32,500 but now on their dream bike.
cavlino likes this.
post #18 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-18-2018, 05:58 PM

Prices holding to msrp
Got the s model
Great bike
cavlino likes this.
post #19 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-03-2018, 07:00 PM

I got the S model 30k after tax +600 for gap insurance in SoCal
post #20 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-07-2018, 12:07 AM

Anyone else recently bought V4 and can share the experience?

thanks

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page