"Simply astounding" - Ducati Panigale V4 Forum
 3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-23-2018, 10:18 AM Thread Starter

"Simply astounding"

https://www.motorcyclenews.com/news/...2018-revealed/

Another review of the V4, claiming its in good standing to be the best sportsbike of 2018. The article outlines first impressions of the bike and breaks down the biggest differences between the various trims and their most noticeable features.
post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-24-2018, 09:41 AM

Great read, glad to see its getting such positive reviews out the gate. Thanks for posting! Definitely interested to see if those who have one on order feel the same way then they arrive. I always prefer to see what the everyday rider thinks as opposed to the major publications.
S6X likes this.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-24-2018, 06:04 PM

From the get it was a fool proof strategy with them bringing something that was proven through MotoGP to the street. In addition to that it is going to be mass produced. Can't beat those two.
post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-27-2018, 12:12 PM

Looks like we're finally getting some full video reviews, so I just wanted to share what I've been finding. Don't think i've come across anything yet that hasn't been overwhelmingly supportive of Ducati's new flagship bike.
S6X likes this.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-27-2018, 12:16 PM Thread Starter

I've stumbled across another. Looks like the verdict is out on the V4, and people can't seem to marvel enough. Have a look you guys, lots to be excited about with this bike!
S6X likes this.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-29-2018, 07:12 PM

Probably the most important thing for me from these videos is the fact we get to see some behind the scene's footage and information, like the presentation held by Ducati that gave insight on the engineering process. I was impressed by their take on the crankshaft design which was brilliant if you ask me. As more people ride the V4 I have a feeling that will be brought up more.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-30-2018, 09:45 AM Thread Starter

From everything I've been reading online, it looks like early user reviews are indicating that the bike's handling is its biggest improvement. Apparently it, weighs/handles much like a 600, with very little need for counter steering. The videos seem to indicate as well, that its out of the corners where the V4 really shines.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-30-2018, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommyboy View Post
From everything I've been reading online, it looks like early user reviews are indicating that the bike's handling is its biggest improvement. Apparently it, weighs/handles much like a 600, with very little need for counter steering. The videos seem to indicate as well, that its out of the corners where the V4 really shines.
It is after all a product they refined on the track to finally bring to a retail level and just as they came up with innovations like that crankshaft I guess the same effort applied elsewhere. It too them many seasons of racing to fine tune the crank system alone!
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-01-2018, 10:15 AM

Ducati's rigorous engineering and testing, certainly shines through in this new bike. This is probably as close to a street legal Moto GP bike as we're ever going to get, and its obvious from early reviews, that it delivers on this premise. Looks like India might be one of the first places we get some consumer reviews, so fingers crossed.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-01-2018, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bikeman View Post
Ducati's rigorous engineering and testing, certainly shines through in this new bike. This is probably as close to a street legal Moto GP bike as we're ever going to get, and its obvious from early reviews, that it delivers on this premise. Looks like India might be one of the first places we get some consumer reviews, so fingers crossed.
Exactly and they still have room to push it even more although we might be in for a wait. I personally would love to see a Supercorsa version show up. Although the cost of it might make some people have heart palpitations.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page