Why hello there! - Ducati Panigale V4 Forum
 4Likes
  • 3 Post By Desmo Addict
  • 1 Post By albymangled

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-13-2017, 01:50 PM Thread Starter

Thumbs up Why hello there!

New to this forum but not new to riding. I've been riding for 13 years now and been loving every minute of it. I am currently riding a 1199 panigale. The valve adjustment service is coming up so I am looking to hop on a new bike before paying for that major service. Caught a glipse of the Panigale V4 during eicma and fell in love. Ever since the desmosedici I have been fascinated with the v4. Many would say get a Aprilla but one would argue the craftsmanship. THey have a few kinks to work out if you ask me. The desmosidici is now valued at $90k for a decent one. Just can't justify the cost of a apreciated second hand bike, just not worth it for me. Looking forward to chatting with you guys!
PanAdmin, Duckaty and S6X like this.

Current
2012 Ducati 1199s Panigale

Past
2̶0̶0̶8̶ ̶D̶u̶c̶a̶t̶i̶ ̶1̶0̶9̶8̶S̶ ̶S̶u̶p̶e̶r̶b̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶
2̶0̶0̶7̶ ̶D̶u̶c̶a̶t̶i̶ ̶M̶o̶n̶s̶t̶e̶r̶ ̶S̶2̶R̶ ̶8̶0̶0̶ ̶
2̶0̶1̶3̶ ̶T̶r̶i̶u̶m̶p̶h̶ ̶S̶t̶r̶e̶e̶t̶ ̶T̶r̶i̶p̶l̶e̶ ̶R̶ ̶
2̶0̶0̶6̶ ̶T̶r̶i̶u̶m̶p̶h̶ ̶D̶a̶y̶t̶o̶n̶a̶ ̶6̶7̶5̶ ̶
2̶0̶0̶5̶ ̶Y̶a̶m̶a̶h̶a̶ ̶R̶6̶ ̶
2̶0̶0̶3̶ ̶H̶o̶n̶d̶a̶ ̶C̶B̶R̶6̶0̶0̶R̶ ̶
2̶0̶0̶6̶ ̶S̶u̶z̶u̶k̶i̶ ̶D̶R̶Z̶4̶0̶0̶

"Two Wheels Free The Soul."
post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-14-2017, 12:10 PM

Welcome to the forum!

I guess you chose the right time to change your current Pani If it's not a secret, other than valve adjustments, did you have any issues with your 1199?
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-14-2017, 01:36 PM

The desmosidici is a beauty and some people do keep them pristine just to try and resell them at an appreciated cost, but for something that another person has already ridden it's a hard pill to swallow when the price has increased over time.

What do you think of the Panigale V4 Speciale?
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-14-2017, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desmo Addict View Post
New to this forum but not new to riding. I've been riding for 13 years now and been loving every minute of it. I am currently riding a 1199 panigale. The valve adjustment service is coming up so I am looking to hop on a new bike before paying for that major service. Caught a glipse of the Panigale V4 during eicma and fell in love. Ever since the desmosedici I have been fascinated with the v4. Many would say get a Aprilla but one would argue the craftsmanship. THey have a few kinks to work out if you ask me. The desmosidici is now valued at $90k for a decent one. Just can't justify the cost of a apreciated second hand bike, just not worth it for me. Looking forward to chatting with you guys!
For that reason I have seen people go for the new Ninja H2. Some of those guys have turned into ex-Ducati owners because of it.

Welcome.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-18-2017, 06:53 AM

I've seen the H2R up close and running.

Wayyyy too much money for a bike that can't even be ridden on the road here in Oz.
Desmo Addict likes this.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-20-2017, 07:20 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Motor View Post
Welcome to the forum!

I guess you chose the right time to change your current Pani If it's not a secret, other than valve adjustments, did you have any issues with your 1199?
I did get a leak from the oil fill hole but that was a human error from the dealership not the bikes fault. running safe and sound besides that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckaty View Post
The desmosidici is a beauty and some people do keep them pristine just to try and resell them at an appreciated cost, but for something that another person has already ridden it's a hard pill to swallow when the price has increased over time.

What do you think of the Panigale V4 Speciale?
I do enjoy the italian flag colors every now and then but to own one is a different thing. Not sure how I feel about that. The package looks great and all but for $40k I can get a few toys. Mgiht have to bite the bullet and go for the V4S for the bargain. The Speciale is only 22lbs lighter and 12 hp. I think I'll live

Quote:
Originally Posted by albymangled View Post
I've seen the H2R up close and running.

Wayyyy too much money for a bike that can't even be ridden on the road here in Oz.
How are the roads out in Oz?

Current
2012 Ducati 1199s Panigale

Past
2̶0̶0̶8̶ ̶D̶u̶c̶a̶t̶i̶ ̶1̶0̶9̶8̶S̶ ̶S̶u̶p̶e̶r̶b̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶
2̶0̶0̶7̶ ̶D̶u̶c̶a̶t̶i̶ ̶M̶o̶n̶s̶t̶e̶r̶ ̶S̶2̶R̶ ̶8̶0̶0̶ ̶
2̶0̶1̶3̶ ̶T̶r̶i̶u̶m̶p̶h̶ ̶S̶t̶r̶e̶e̶t̶ ̶T̶r̶i̶p̶l̶e̶ ̶R̶ ̶
2̶0̶0̶6̶ ̶T̶r̶i̶u̶m̶p̶h̶ ̶D̶a̶y̶t̶o̶n̶a̶ ̶6̶7̶5̶ ̶
2̶0̶0̶5̶ ̶Y̶a̶m̶a̶h̶a̶ ̶R̶6̶ ̶
2̶0̶0̶3̶ ̶H̶o̶n̶d̶a̶ ̶C̶B̶R̶6̶0̶0̶R̶ ̶
2̶0̶0̶6̶ ̶S̶u̶z̶u̶k̶i̶ ̶D̶R̶Z̶4̶0̶0̶

"Two Wheels Free The Soul."