Love my V4s - Page 2 - Ducati Panigale V4 Forum
 5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-12-2020, 10:26 AM

Congrats! I just took delivery of mine yesterday...I live farther north from you near Flower Mound! Moreover, I too was considering a 2020 BMW S1000RR until the very last moment when I pulled the trigger for my first ever Ducati.
post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-12-2020, 10:35 AM Thread Starter

Yay. Congrats, ya i could have gotten the BMW M for 6k less. I love my V4. Couple tidbits. Dont bump the mirrors, poor plastic and they WILL snap off. Reserve comes on at 90 miles, get GB tank protector, sides are to exposed. Mid screen protector. Sounds like a lot but this is what ive experienced.
Were did you buy it, Eurosport or Ams?. Is this your 1st ducati. If so you should join ducati of north texas.
Anyhow congrats
post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-16-2020, 12:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevejill91 View Post
Awesome, maybe we will run into each other some day. Eurosport is were i take the bike. Anyhow thanks for the responce
Yeah Iím a Eurosport guy as well. Great little shop. Going to do their March ride - maybe weíll see you there.
stevejill91 likes this.
post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-16-2020, 11:26 AM Thread Starter

Ya Big bend might be a little far to go in these bikes. Have to stop for gas ever 9 miles
post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-22-2020, 09:58 PM

I just picked up my 2020 V4S (traded in a 2019 V4- long story). In a nutshell, looking forward to the ÷hlins Smart EC suspension (I ride mostly road) and of course the Wings, LOL! Speaking of the wings, the Ducati rep (who was in the dealer when I was purchasing it) said Ducati is coming out with "plugs" for the wings that will come in black or red. The idea is if you don't want or need the wings, you can swap them out for the flush "plugs". Interesting option ....

On a side note, I found a new tail tidy kit that is WAY better made than the POS New Rage Cycles LED Fender Eliminator I had on my 2019 V4. The bolts on that one rusted and the heads snapped off after I saw the rust and tried to swap out the bolts. Grrrrr! Once I did get it off I realized how cheaply it was made. Found a better (but at $300 USD a bit pricy) unit from a company called Futurismoto (https://futurismoto.com/products/tail-tidy). Very well made from billet aluminum, matches the lines of the V4 and the turn signals as super bright. Including with the photo of my bike is a stock photo of the unit from Futurismoto's web site. Again, I know its big $$ but considering the cost of the bike and my experience with e New Rage unit, I am a happy camper.

Its cold here in Michigan and it will be a few months before I can ride this beast but soooooooo looking forward to that day...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6051.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	239.3 KB
ID:	924   Click image for larger version

Name:	7_1512x.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	353.2 KB
ID:	926  

Last edited by bobio; 01-22-2020 at 10:05 PM.
post #16 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-22-2020, 11:24 PM

Speaking of my V4S' Winglets, here is a nice video on the wiglets (and bike aerodynamics) explained ...
post #17 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-29-2020, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobio View Post
I just picked up my 2020 V4S (traded in a 2019 V4- long story). In a nutshell, looking forward to the ÷hlins Smart EC suspension (I ride mostly road) and of course the Wings, LOL! Speaking of the wings, the Ducati rep (who was in the dealer when I was purchasing it) said Ducati is coming out with "plugs" for the wings that will come in black or red. The idea is if you don't want or need the wings, you can swap them out for the flush "plugs". Interesting option ....

On a side note, I found a new tail tidy kit that is WAY better made than the POS New Rage Cycles LED Fender Eliminator I had on my 2019 V4. The bolts on that one rusted and the heads snapped off after I saw the rust and tried to swap out the bolts. Grrrrr! Once I did get it off I realized how cheaply it was made. Found a better (but at $300 USD a bit pricy) unit from a company called Futurismoto (https://futurismoto.com/products/tail-tidy). Very well made from billet aluminum, matches the lines of the V4 and the turn signals as super bright. Including with the photo of my bike is a stock photo of the unit from Futurismoto's web site. Again, I know its big $$ but considering the cost of the bike and my experience with e New Rage unit, I am a happy camper.

Its cold here in Michigan and it will be a few months before I can ride this beast but soooooooo looking forward to that day...
Congratulations!
And for what reason got rid of V4 2019?
Was it a basic version?
post #18 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-29-2020, 07:25 PM

I had a 2017 SuperSport S that I didnít ride much after getting the 19í V4 which was, as you suspected, a base version. Since I rode mostly street I suspected my rides could have been better with the ÷hlins suspension. I had a buddy with a V4S, rode it several times and that suspension was too good to resist. So I traded in both the SS and the 19í V4S. I know there are several other improvements under the skin but it is still a sexy beast. Expensive mistake on my part. Nothing against the base unit but Iím 6í3Ē and 235lbs. and the ÷hlins by itself was worth it (I forgot to mention I had pirated front/rear spring installed this time as I was maxed out on preload on the 2019). Too cold to ride now it but I take a peek at the new body (and the wings, lol) most every night. Canít wait till spring!
DesmoRider and stevejill91 like this.

Last edited by bobio; 01-29-2020 at 07:30 PM.
post #19 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-29-2020, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobio View Post

Nah! Even if you don't need them, they act as frame sliders and might prevent some damage :-)
stevejill91 likes this.
post #20 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-16-2020, 11:58 PM

Ugh- Bad thoughts!!

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page