Thoughts on the V4 - Ducati Panigale V4 Forum
 11Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-01-2018, 10:26 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 43
Thoughts on the V4

Hey guys. I'm currently on the search for my next bike, and you better believe that the V4 is on the list. Haven't had the chance for a test ride just yet, but plan on doing so in the coming weeks. I see there have been a few recalls, but that's to be expected. What do you guys think of her so far?
Desmo is offline  
post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-01-2018, 11:00 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 45
What are you riding now. I had an 848, loved that bike. The V4 is the best bike I ridden, you have to take one out to see why. Super smooth, easy to turn, with a great degree of adjustable options. So far, so good.
EtheDucatista likes this.
themightye is offline  
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-01-2018, 12:39 PM
Junior Member
 
EtheDucatista's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by themightye View Post
What are you riding now. I had an 848, loved that bike. The V4 is the best bike I ridden, you have to take one out to see why. Super smooth, easy to turn, with a great degree of adjustable options. So far, so good.
I second that.
EtheDucatista is offline  
post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-01-2018, 12:49 PM
Junior Member
 
EtheDucatista's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by EtheDucatista View Post
I second that.
I had quickshifter recall issue that has been resolved by a new updated replacement unit. other than that no issues just a pure joy every time i ride it.
EtheDucatista is offline  
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-01-2018, 03:18 PM
Senior Member
 
German4rings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 143
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desmo View Post
Hey guys. I'm currently on the search for my next bike, and you better believe that the V4 is on the list. Haven't had the chance for a test ride just yet, but plan on doing so in the coming weeks. I see there have been a few recalls, but that's to be expected. What do you guys think of her so far?
Iím coming off a 14 1199s . The V4S is def a lot smoother and feels lighter than the 1199s . I feel the turning on this bike is easier and overall the performance of the engine is amazing,Quick shifter up and down is great, solid brakes, and the technology seems to work great... Just like any new model it has a few issues . The kickstand sucks , the quickshifter has issues based on the clutch fluid getting cooked and causing it to malfunction. All that said I wouldnít hesitate to buy it again. I think the bike is great overall. I think if you can do some basic bike maintenance like flushing clutch and brakes and donít mind bringing it to dealer for updates itís a no brainer . If not I would look at the bmws1000rr. Good luck !

grip bars , grab throttle and twist !
German4rings is offline  
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-02-2018, 03:37 AM
Senior Member
 
oleary's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by German4rings View Post
... the quickshifter has issues based on the clutch fluid getting cooked and causing it to malfunction.
Nope, the clutch isn't activated by the QS.

2008 S4RS Tricolore
2008 848>1040 (track)
2011 MTS S-Touring
2014 1199S Panigale (track)
2018 V4S Panigale (track)
oleary is offline  
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-02-2018, 10:36 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 43
Thanks for all the input guys! Currently riding a first gen 899, which has been a fantastic bike. Whole reason I've been putting off the test ride is because I have the fear that its going to instantly sell me on the bike lol. Glad to hear that Ducati seems to be on top of all the issues so far. I see that aftermarket support is picking up as well.
Panzer07 likes this.
Desmo is offline  
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-02-2018, 07:58 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 11
That's what happened to me, took 7 month old Supersport in for service and test rode the new v4S and next thing I know I was doing paperwork:surprise:
steve and spinkick like this.
Panzer07 is offline  
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-03-2018, 03:15 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panzer07 View Post
That's what happened to me, took 7 month old Supersport in for service and test rode the new v4S and next thing I know I was doing paperwork:surprise:
Same exact scenario. I went with the base just to save some cheddar for mods.
V4Dream and steve like this.
spinkick is offline  
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-03-2018, 06:41 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 234
I was instagram and discovered the V4 when going through Ducati hastags.
Now, its hard to get off insta with all the video's showing up, if that doesn't get someone into a Duc dealer then I don't know what will.
V4Dream is offline  
Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome