Finally got a Ducati!!! - Ducati Panigale V4 Forum
 2Likes
  • 2 Post By Insolent_Muskrat_V4S

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-28-2018, 02:42 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Talking Finally got a Ducati!!!

Hello all!!!

A life goal of mine has been to own a Ducati. On June 25th, I fulfilled that goal and I am now the (very proud) owner of a 2018 Ducati Panigale V4 S.

This is my fifth bike. I started on a 2010 Ninja 250 about eight years ago. Once I got my motorcycle wings, I upgraded to a 2012 Ninja ZX-6R. A few years later I got a (then newly redesigned) 2015 Yamaha YZF-R1 and put about 5k miles on it. Silly me, thinking it was time to be a more "responsible" adult, I side-graded (down-graded?) to a 2017 Yamaha FZ-10, basically a naked R1. The FZ-10 (MT-10) was a great bike and GOBS of torque. But it wasn't ME- I've always loved "crotch rockets" and being slung over a tank.

Enter the Ducati... It was a toss-up for me... My local Ducati dealership (South Sound Motorcycles in Tacoma) had a 2018 959 Corse (with the underbody exhaust, gorgeous) and an all black 2018 S1000RR. Well, with the new S1000RR out next year (presumably), I didn't want to regret not waiting. I tell the sales guy this, and he says "Well, we have a regular 959 and S1000RR you can test ride. And we also have a V4 you can test ride." Great, sign me up.

I got on the V4 first. I didn't even bother testing the BMW or the 959...

Now I have a V4 S in my garage. This bike is INSANE. SO. MUCH. POWER. It's like a hurricane between your legs. Just sinfully powerful. I can't wait to get a new exhaust on it and other goodies.

I wanted to share my story and that I fulfilled a life goal of mine. If you ride in the PNW, I'll see you on the road! Ride Safe!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1028.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	345.5 KB
ID:	308  
PanAdmin and steve like this.

~~~Drop a gear and disappear========>>>>>
post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-29-2018, 12:41 AM

I'm very happy to read your story dude! Your excitement and enthusiasm really shines through. And I share your sentiment! I also have a V4S and I think it's one of the greatest machines ever devised. In a world where so many things are average, lame, slow, stupid, and otherwise disappointing, and despite its quirks and first-year issues, I find the bike to be simply spectacular. The performance is utterly outrageous. I'm having my first track day with it tomorrow, and just seeing it tied down tonight in the back of my truck makes me giddy; I laughed out loud with nobody around. What a machine! Congrats dude! And enjoy!!
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-29-2018, 03:50 PM

Congrats! Itís a great bike!
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-03-2018, 09:56 AM

Welcome to the forum and congrats on the V4 S! Glad to hear that the bike is now available for test rides at local dealers. Should seal the deal for most enthusiasts.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-03-2018, 10:53 AM

The best performing machine ever built. Congrats and many years of joy!
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-03-2018, 06:50 PM

Welcome to the community here.

Browse around long enough and you'll be tempted to dump coin on modifications as they come to market
What first things are you planning to do?
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-03-2018, 11:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bikeman View Post
Welcome to the forum and congrats on the V4 S! Glad to hear that the bike is now available for test rides at local dealers. Should seal the deal for most enthusiasts.

I ordered my bike early on, and up in Canada, I was not getting a test ride in the winter. My sales guy offered me a chance to take the bike out when it got warmer, which I was looking forward to. That weekend snow fell, no ride for me.

The first time I rode the bike was when I took my bike out of the dealer lot. After having it for almost 2 months I will agreeóa test ride will lead to ownership.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page