Panigale V4 Club banner

No bikes in NZ yet

6K views 14 replies 5 participants last post by  Beaker 
#1 ·
Still awaiting our bikes no one knows anything so we just wait! mean while Ive made new cans ready for the exhaust and a foam blank to enable a full belly pan mould to be made.
KTECH shock ordered throw that sachs **** out and KTECH RDS Cartridges up front. After many years of that sweedish suspension, costing the earth and not that great when all said n done we found KTECH yeha BSB boys love it too
Take all the road crap off it, and do some fine fuel tuning then race time, well that is after winter!!! Hope

#2 ·
There slowly popping up in dealerships across Ontario, so I'm sure it wont be long until you have the opportunity to see it in showrooms there. I see you've already invested in some aftermarket mods for the V4, so it is safe to assume that you've already placed a deposit?

#3 ·
Yep paid in Dec mine was a pre order, pre sold my race bike and bit the bullet, mostly due to the alloy subframe up front as the 1199/1299 breaks in 3 bits so was to much expense to race, only a few in NZ being raced. So when I saw the subframe I was in, a couple of companies are in the process of creating the fueling plug in system then it can be run in then tuned after we throw the stuff at it . I'm really looking forward to getting started however there is no info at all re dates, frustrating!

#4 ·
It seems like the delivery dates keep getting pushed back. I remember there were a couple of users on here who were expecting to pick up the V4 weeks ago. Seems like you've got a serious race build in mind for the V4, and hopefully we get to see the transition process. What bike did you sell?

#12 ·
Bike is at dealer

Yep driving 6hrs Thursday nite to pick it up Friday am then drive home and hopefully a fine weekend to put 1000kms on it, Even have a magazine doing a test on it hopefully and clock up another 500 for me, they are fully insured and I know them so feel 100% she will be treated nicely. Downloaded the owners manual dam lots of setting 331 pages and 90% is all to do with the dash!, makes me laugh though everything states take to dealer, chain tension!, fluids! etc etc to **** with that I do it all build my race motors etc so they wont se my bucks. One thing puzzles me, no ride height adjuster when tensioning chain I know from all my years on dukes 1 tooth plus or minus makes no difference to ride height if set correctly to begin with so we shall see. The 525 comes off for 520 for racing so ill be doing so testing to get the gearing correct quick change ready to be fitted asap. Ill be measuring before I make any changes and adding to my well documented race set up library. Ill report in after my first fang
cheers Beaker

#15 ·
first ride in Nz

Well I'm gob smacked!!!! it is an Awesome beast to ride no more chugging at low revs around town not that mine will be doing that for long. Smooth power delivery precise handling just push on a foot peg and changes line instantly, the quick shifter is so easy just touch or flick the lever and its shifted no effort at all is reqd, down ship blip sweet, no clutch just bang bang bang and its blipped every time, I'm 68kg and rear possible a bit stiff ill do sags tomorrow. But 100% better than any of my previous dukes 748,996,1098 which kicked you in the arse and the front was way too hard. Now the big piston forks, well I adjusted 1/2 turn out more than the book and very very plush no jarring the bars like before once again impressed they work well. The electronic set up is easy, Sport mode and I used engine power mode on Race so the fly by wire throttle is super responsive engine braking on midway but man does it slow up I may got to the least for street riding, on the track I'm sure I will carry way more entry speed due to the engine braking. Fuel consmup 4.3 lt per 100kms at 110 kmph pretty dam good. All the hype n test are correct these bikes are what they claim, as a mate said to me today 'its amazing you can fit thru the door with a smile that big' I LOVE IT CANT WAIT TO RACE IT

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.