Panigale V4 Club banner

Tank Grips

9K views 15 replies 8 participants last post by  randomwalker 
#1 ·
I'm find I'm sliding around when I grip the tank and am thinking about getting tank grips. Any recommendations?

#13 ·
I got the tech spec as I loved them for my diavel and on my 848 track bike. But I think they dropped the ball here. For the tank it just comes with a long rectangular bar. Doesn’t conform to any of the contours. Interferes with a tank protector. Sure it will likely work but given they usually put some decent design effort in to their pads I was hoping for better than a block. I ended up getting some others. Those the knee pads are decent, but it’s kind of looking like I need to make my own with a tech spec or other blank kit.

#8 ·
Well better find best ones
I put on rear sets
This will eliminate completely the sliding
Plus your legs now can hug tank
And you can Max brake
Also eliminated gripping the bars
Mor race position
100 percent better
My Stompgrips have just arrived, I'll see how I go as $80 v $1,400 for the rearsets is a big incentive to try the tank grips first.

#7 ·
I use R&G; looks wise much better than any others. It looks like sandpaper but it's not :) slight rubbery texture to it and works great; at least for street and I'm only wearing jeans. Immediately locked in when turning and makes it so much easier now especially at slower speed maneuvers. Just make sure you heat up the glue well or work in a nice warm day; I did it in a cold garage and not a great idea :p

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.