Tyre Pressure - Ducati Panigale V4 Forum
 2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-23-2018, 09:26 PM Thread Starter

Tyre Pressure

What pressure are you guys running for normal street riding? Ducati recommends 33F and 30R. Seems a bit low but I've never has these tyres before.
post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-24-2018, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve View Post
What pressure are you guys running for normal street riding? Ducati recommends 33F and 30R. Seems a bit low but I've never has these tyres before.
for street I run those numbers, well 33.5 and 30.5, as per manual and feels great. Manual says 26psi for track so 30 should and seems to be fine. I've got over 6k miles on the original tires and probably have another 2k left on them easily.
steve likes this.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-24-2018, 07:58 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by playersnoopy View Post
for street I run those numbers, well 33.5 and 30.5, as per manual and feels great. Manual says 26psi for track so 30 should and seems to be fine. I've got over 6k miles on the original tires and probably have another 2k left on them easily.
That's pretty impressive mileage for such performance oriented tyres.
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-24-2018, 08:07 PM

Quote:
That's pretty impressive mileage for such performance oriented tyres.
Depends on how you ride I guess... the 100mile fuel refill helps out since I take breaks every stop. I read the center compound is made to last; seems like it so far. I don't track my bike so I'm sure mileage would vary dramatically if you did. I don't baby it but I cruise as much as I rip it; I just don't go all out for an hour at a time.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-24-2018, 10:43 PM

Garage
Quote:
Yes thatís what I run . Thatís also what Ducati and pirelli recommend ..... for one rider . It bumps to 36.3 front and 42.1 psi rear with a passanger
steve likes this.

grip bars , grab throttle and twist !
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-24-2018, 10:46 PM

Garage
You are saying you got almost 6k on the stock pirelli tires? No fucking way man... no way .... do you ride above 40 mph ??? 😂😂😂 you need to teach me something . I got 2400 miles out of my rear on street riding only and the steel belting was exposed .... Iím so confused right now 🤫

grip bars , grab throttle and twist !
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-24-2018, 11:20 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by German4rings View Post
You are saying you got almost 6k on the stock pirelli tires? No fucking way man... no way .... do you ride above 40 mph ??? 😂😂😂 you need to teach me something . I got 2400 miles out of my rear on street riding only and the steel belting was exposed .... Iím so confused right now 🤫
Too many wheelies.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-24-2018, 11:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by German4rings View Post
lol almost 6k? I'm over 6k... some backroads, lots of highway (daily riding and stuff)... I don't gun it from a traffic light for no reason. Fastest I've gone is 180mph but normal speeding speed is around 120-140ish, avg highway cruising speed is around 85mph though. City traffic speeds well just casual 10-15 over speed limit, nothing crazy. You can say 6k is crazy... but that's pretty much from normal riding that I consider. But I'd say 2400 miles is crazy also.

at 3:10 mark his is at 3100miles and still got some tread left looking at the tread wear bar.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-06-2018, 01:57 PM

Thanks for info on Bike
My quick shifter had to be replaced
Now great. Did not last long
Great flick
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-30-2019, 09:16 PM

6.5K on them still reckon got 1-1.5K left in them I dont slouch either although the tyre has flattened in the center and feathered a bit from some rather vigorous take offs & acceleration at speed, we do not have allot of twisty roads around here.
For some reason the dealer decided 36/42 was the correct pressures it was about as comfortable as riding a surfboard down a gravel road I soon dropped the pressures to 33.5/30.5 much better.

I have watched a you tube vid where the chap got 1 hour out of the rear on a twisty race track guess he is a hero but at $450/Au for a rear I look after them.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page