Panigale V4 Club banner

Tyre Pressure

23K views 14 replies 9 participants last post by  V4srider1989 
#1 ·
What pressure are you guys running for normal street riding? Ducati recommends 33F and 30R. Seems a bit low but I've never has these tyres before.

#10 ·
6.5K on them still reckon got 1-1.5K left in them I dont slouch either although the tyre has flattened in the center and feathered a bit from some rather vigorous take offs & acceleration at speed, we do not have allot of twisty roads around here.
For some reason the dealer decided 36/42 was the correct pressures it was about as comfortable as riding a surfboard down a gravel road I soon dropped the pressures to 33.5/30.5 much better.

I have watched a you tube vid where the chap got 1 hour out of the rear on a twisty race track guess he is a hero but at $450/Au for a rear I look after them.

#13 ·
6.5K on them still reckon got 1-1.5K left in them I dont slouch either although the tyre has flattened in the center and feathered a bit from some rather vigorous take offs & acceleration at speed, we do not have allot of twisty roads around here.
For some reason the dealer decided 36/42 was the correct pressures it was about as comfortable as riding a surfboard down a gravel road I soon dropped the pressures to 33.5/30.5 much better.

I have watched a you tube vid where the chap got 1 hour out of the rear on a twisty race track guess he is a hero but at $450/Au for a rear I look after them.

Two track days or about 80 laps around Eastern Creek, that's under 400km in total. It's not a cheap hobby but that's what you get for 220hp :)

#14 ·
Hey all. Remember that these tires change a lot depending on the temperature. For example, yesterday the track I left my V4S there over night, and the rear went down to 22 psi from 32. Once they heated up on the track they were running at 28 (up 6), and sometimes they go up even more. Here is a pic of my brand new rear tire after two days of track this last weekend. They run really soft

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.