Is it me or.. - Ducati Panigale V4 Forum
 6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-16-2018, 09:00 AM Thread Starter

Is it me or..

Is it just me or do the headlights not project out very far, when I click on the high beam I can see it project just slightly farther than the low beam... Are you guys seeing this as well??
Mike
German4rings and ddd269 like this.
post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-16-2018, 01:39 PM

Yup...

I'm not too fond of the single headlight-on(low beam) design either.

Panigale V4 Speciale #370

Past: (not in chronological order)
Panigale R
Panigale 1199R
Panigale 1199S
XDiavel
Diavel Carbon Red
Multistrada Pikes Peak
Multistrada S
Desert Sled
Monster 1200S
Hypermotard SP
Owned pretty much all modern Ducati lineup since 2012
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-16-2018, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRAZYDUC996 View Post
Is it just me or do the headlights not project out very far, when I click on the high beam I can see it project just slightly farther than the low beam... Are you guys seeing this as well??
Mike
I haven't done it but you can adjust the aim from behind the fairing. You can see them right under the dash.

Panigale V4 Speciale #370

Past: (not in chronological order)
Panigale R
Panigale 1199R
Panigale 1199S
XDiavel
Diavel Carbon Red
Multistrada Pikes Peak
Multistrada S
Desert Sled
Monster 1200S
Hypermotard SP
Owned pretty much all modern Ducati lineup since 2012
post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-16-2018, 02:10 PM Thread Starter

ok, kool thank you, I will give that a try, hopefully I can position the high beam higher/farther down the road.
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-17-2018, 08:11 AM Thread Starter

There is an adjustment for up and down, thank you!!
I did not get a chance to ride last night but I did adjust the high beam up quite a bit on the garage wall, hopefully it makes a big difference on the street..
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-17-2018, 08:57 AM
VPS

Thanks for the adjustment suggestion.
Probably shouldn’t do this, but for better visibility I tend to run with the high beam on.
Will see if adjustments help.
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-17-2018, 10:23 AM

Garage
I find the headlight when riding at night not good at all. Even with the high beam on the light spread leaves you riding sorta blinded especially on road without any other lighting .... you would think they could have used some Audi tech for a light that self adjusts to the learn angle so when your cornering it will adjust so you can see in the direction you are headed. Ducati designed this bike to be ridden in track environments and that’s about that. This is extremely evident when looking at the design and use of the lighting. I’ve actually considered installing some extra lighting on the bike for night safety .... I want to develop a “snap on/ quick connect “ setup that I can quickly and easily remove because it will most likely be ugly. I wouldn’t be overly surprised if the 2019 V4 comes with some updates that piss a lot of us off ....
CRAZYDUC996 and VPS like this.

grip bars , grab throttle and twist !
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-20-2018, 08:40 AM Thread Starter

I found after I raised the high beam 2 full turns, the high beam was so high there was a gap in between the high and low beams, so on my trip home the other night I stopped at a dark building with an empty parking lot and adjusted 1/2 turn back down so that the beams were touching, it is a lot better, but as German4rings stated it is still not good, the beam pattern is too narrow for both high and low, I am thinking of raising the low beam some and then raising the high back up the 1/2 turn on the adjuster, maybe start with a 1/2 turn on the low.. I will let you know what I find..

I am amazed at just how awful these lights are compared to my 1199S LED headlights, those lights were spot on out of the box, I never had complaint zero with those LEDs...

Mike
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-21-2018, 09:17 AM

I have a feeling that we'll be seeing a lot of owners going with aftermarket LED's. Makes you wonder if Ducati really spent to time to quality test the new setup. Shouldn't have to be dropping extra money on a bike of this caliber.
German4rings likes this.
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-22-2018, 09:02 AM

Seems like Ducati may have focused a bit too much on the aesthetics of the bike. But if it ends up being a widespread complaint and issue related to rider safety, there's always a chance they could issue a recall. Better for them to absorb that cost now.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page