Panigale V4 Club banner

Is it me or..

12K views 18 replies 11 participants last post by  Sedan_Clan 
#1 ·
Is it just me or do the headlights not project out very far, when I click on the high beam I can see it project just slightly farther than the low beam... Are you guys seeing this as well??
Mike

#2 ·
Yup...

I'm not too fond of the single headlight-on(low beam) design either.

#3 ·
I haven't done it but you can adjust the aim from behind the fairing. You can see them right under the dash.

#7 ·
I find the headlight when riding at night not good at all. Even with the high beam on the light spread leaves you riding sorta blinded especially on road without any other lighting .... you would think they could have used some Audi tech for a light that self adjusts to the learn angle so when your cornering it will adjust so you can see in the direction you are headed. Ducati designed this bike to be ridden in track environments and that’s about that. This is extremely evident when looking at the design and use of the lighting. I’ve actually considered installing some extra lighting on the bike for night safety .... I want to develop a “snap on/ quick connect “ setup that I can quickly and easily remove because it will most likely be ugly. I wouldn’t be overly surprised if the 2019 V4 comes with some updates that piss a lot of us off ....

#8 ·
I found after I raised the high beam 2 full turns, the high beam was so high there was a gap in between the high and low beams, so on my trip home the other night I stopped at a dark building with an empty parking lot and adjusted 1/2 turn back down so that the beams were touching, it is a lot better, but as German4rings stated it is still not good, the beam pattern is too narrow for both high and low, I am thinking of raising the low beam some and then raising the high back up the 1/2 turn on the adjuster, maybe start with a 1/2 turn on the low.. I will let you know what I find..

I am amazed at just how awful these lights are compared to my 1199S LED headlights, those lights were spot on out of the box, I never had complaint zero with those LEDs...

Mike

#11 ·
I would be very very surprised if Ducati offers anything regarding this lighting issue. More like an upgrade for next years model but I think we’re stuck with what we got . Italians especially Ducati aren’t interested in what us common folk have to say about their designs .... just my 2 cents .... Irregardless , I hope I’m wrong and they hook us up with a better light setup...

#13 ·
The lights are not very good at all, I got off I-95 at a decent clip and once on the off ramp there were no street lights, flicked it to high beams and had a big pucker moment due to lack of visibility. I thought the LED's would be an upgrade from my '11 BMW S1000RR halogens, aside from looking nice, not a big improvement if any on lighting the way ahead.

#14 ·
The bike at night is terrible from a vision standpoint. Especially if you’re riding in roads without street lights . It’s like riding blind . Definitely something Ducati needs to improve . Especially with having Audi’s LED technology on deck and at their disposal they have no excuses .

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.